• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

dual pentium 2 motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

unashamed

i have recently stumbled across a few spare pentium 2 chips at work and i was wondering where are the dual pentium 2 mobo's
does any one have any suggestions?

I have one of them..I was going to get any cheap $20 motherboard..but then I stumbled upon the duallies..and my eyes lit up..

I have a P3C-D right now, and am VERY happy with it, I do have one problem though: It doesn't like to adjust the date/time through ANY OS..its weird, have to do it through the Bios, but tha's fine with me.

My mobo handles Slot 1 P2 all the way upto P3 1ghz...two of them!!!

Also it uses PC800 Rambus to increase performance, but you can use PC133/PC100 with a riser card ($7).

This mobo comes in higher models with integrated U160 controllers(since it is a server/workstation board).but I wouldn't go for those.

This mobo new is $130 or so..I got mine "as-is" on Ebay..for $36..and it didn't work at first..only would work with a PCI video card..and then I got it to work with an AGP, I think I cleared the CMOS, but I can't remember.

I'm running a single P2 400 right now..I can beat a P3 500mhz with a little OCing on this board, and have a greater memory bandwith than some PC2100 chipsets.

But there will probably be one bad thing once you get this board, you'll probably end up ditching ur faster systems because this one is so nice!!

my P4 isn't touched anymore.. :( and it has Radeon 8500 and all..

oh yeah, this also has AGP 4x PRO.

I give it a rating of 95% since it didn't talk to me or anything extrordinary..lol but definetely get it if u can afford it, u can upgrade later to P3 1ghz..

And you don't need to use 2 processors, they have cards that u put in the other slot(s)

who, me? or him?

I have Pentium 2 400mhz..single as of now because I'm on Win98/se

yeah, put those two P2 450's into a P3C-D with rambus, and you could have yourself a primary computer.

I am running off of a P3C-D P2 400 Rambus right now..and the only limitations I have would be kazaa and movies at the same time, along with the good games..and that's aside from the lag when you do many things all at once.

And that is in single processor mode! win98/se also..so with XP PRo, and two 450s..you could do some serious stuff..

good, but just remember, the RAM has to be PC800 for the performance I'm talking about, which cost me about $30 on ebay for 128mb of it. it jumps a lot higher when you get larger sizes, and you need to get 2 64mb chips, because it is dual channel..

Or buy a riser card and stick it into the third RAM slot, and you can shove PC133 into it, which isn't as good as RAMBUS, in my opinion.

And the motherboard is very expensive unless if you find it somewhere cheap, in my case ebay for $36.

It seems like I just got lucky. :)

Back