• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

my ocz pc3700 gold scores

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FattyMcNastyXK

Bambam's soldier
Hey, my specs are below in my sig.
I'm currently at 2-3-3-7 at 240 fsb 1:1
I get about a 5600 on Sandra
my Ramvolt is 2.8, my cpu volt is at 1.7.
My PAT is at auto, auto, auto, dis, dis
How is it docs?

test4.gif

Just for referance's sake, do you get any FSB increase setting your CAS to 3.0? 3-3-3 timings shouldn't affect performance as much as raising the RAS-to-CAS.

Thats pretty good bro. I have 512mb of OCZ pc4000 Gold in my Shuttle SFF. Its default timings are 2.5,7,4,4 and I got them up 260fsb today with these timings and I got a sandra score of 5561/5583. so your're doing really good at 240fsb.

In i875/i865, CAS Latency has less of an impact when compared to CAS-to-RAS Delay (tRCD). Therefore, if you keep tRCD at 3, then raising the CAS Latency to 3 will still net you the benefits of having a RAS-to-CAS of 3 while, hopefully, gaining a little bit of FSB headroom.

test5.gif

ok, I set my cas to 3, and my devider to 5:4. I got up to 260 fsb. My cpu won't do anything above 260fsb and my sandra scores were just like 100 less. So i get more speed out of my cpu without hurting my mem bandwidth.

So i did something else. I went to 245 with cas 3, remember, i was doing 240 with cas 2. Its working. I think it'd even work with 2.5. So i get more speed out of my ram and ok speed from my cpu and i've got a killing increase of bandwidth, see below
test6.gif

i got to 248fsb with cas3, 1:1 divider. 249 acts weird and 250 is a deffinite no.
test8.gif

btw, i got that beta #18 bios that i heard will make you have to lower your fsb to get stable. Should i switch to another bios? any certain one prefered.
Now, to check stability.

Back