• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My New Athlon 1.53GHz Computer Coming Tomorrow

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

AtomicGuY

I'm getting yet another new computer tomorrow. This time, it's going to be for gaming. The computer is certified and warrentied to be clocked at 1533MHz with defualt voltage. I'm paying $4000 Candian before tax, thats just under $2900 American. Behind my new metal panel will be,

AMD Athlon 1.40Ghz Processor (266) OCed @ 1.53GHz with Thermalright SK-6 HSF
Abit KT7A-RAID Mother Board
Micron 512MB PC133CL2 Ram
ASUS V8200 Deluxe GeForce3
Creative Sound Blaster Live! Platinum 5.1
Duel Maxtor 60GB 7200RPM Hard Drives in RAID = 120GB
Toshiba 16X/40X DVD-Rom Drive
Yamaha 20X/10X/40X CDRW-Rom Drive
Realtek 10/100 (NIC) Ethernet Card
ViewSonic G90f Flat Screen 19" Monitor (1600x1280 Resolution)
Microsoft Internet Keyboard and Microsoft Wheel Mouse Optical
White 17" Tower Case with 430W Enermax Power Supply
Floppy Drive, Cables, Windows2K

Please leave your comments and suggestions below. Man, I can't wait for tomorrow.

Atomic Guy I would like to know where you get all of the money for these systems. I mean this is your third system you have talked about in the last month. I believe you had an Abit KG7 and already had an Abit KT7A as well. Are you rich or are you just full of S**t.

No, I just sold my 1.67Ghz system but I still got my 1.84GHz Athlon system. I use it for rendering and for my server too. dude, I've been saving cash for almost 2 years now.

no you couldn't =p

Flat screen moniters are expensive....a 19" flatscreen would be about 400-600 minimum I think...thats just the moniter

if you read some of atomicguy's other posts you'll see he is full of s*** (i find the one about the 1.8whateverghz tbird cooled by a bazillion little fans and a dragon orb hilarious). sure, this system may be real, but all he is doing is bragging about and waving it in people's faces. oh well. and yeah i could get those parts for well under what he 'paid' too.

did you buy the system or build it? It sounds like a sweet computer but lots of cash! 3000bucks but if you got a nice monitor I can see the price being not too bad. comes with os too correct?

Without the monitor i vould stilll build it for 1200 bucks, i already got a 19"monitor

And on another thought why would you wanna pair a 266 fsb processor with a 200fsb motherboard.. I wouldve just bought a 1ghz 200fsb and overclocked the **** outta it.. probably wouldve saved you 150 bucks also

krakerman (Jul 08, 2001 11:44 p.m.):
if you read some of atomicguy's other posts you'll see he is full of s*** (i find the one about the 1.8whateverghz tbird cooled by a bazillion little fans and a dragon orb hilarious). sure, this system may be real, but all he is doing is bragging about and waving it in people's faces. oh well. and yeah i could get those parts for well under what he 'paid' too.

this is the work of a young kids mind..... a 17 year old gettting these kind of systems, says in his signature he has 420gigs of hd space... and 2 gig of ddr.. not bad for a lil one..

The reason for not going with DDR was that I am an Abit only type person and seeing as such that they dont have the KG7-R into full production in Canada yet, so I will just stick with the KT7A-R and plus I've seen only 10% performance difference. I own both boards and have done many comparisons. What a ripoff eh. All this hype and only 10%. Thank god, I got my other ddr ram for free, wouldnt have been worth a cent to me!
Me, I'm waiting for DDR PC2700 dimms which will come out in summer next year! And the price will have completly dropped to the same price as SD.
I mean, AMD is going one step further with a 333MHz BUS and the thoroughbred processor.

you haven't seen Rugby's benches have you? he was getting 3/4 of tthe P4's memory scores at 170fsb adn 1/5 divider on his epox. see teh frontpage for details.

well all i can say is you are f'in rich but i am saving up for my dual Palamino 1.4 Ghz overclocked to hell and a Geforce 3 or radeon 2

Maybe atomic guy is a millionare lol. Or is just a spoilied brat lol

toomnymods (Jul 09, 2001 12:41 p.m.):
And on another thought why would you wanna pair a 266 fsb processor with a 200fsb motherboard.. I wouldve just bought a 1ghz 200fsb and overclocked the **** outta it.. probably wouldve saved you 150 bucks also
The KT7a-RAID is a 133MHz (266 if you prefer) fsb board - think you're getting confused with the KT7-RAID. AtomicGuy, if it is for real (which I don't doubt), it sounds like one gorgeous system. I know some guys at college with systems like that - they just have more money than sense. Some people do :D

Back