• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Tualatin Celeron HSF Combo

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

camb03

Registered
Can you guys suggest what are my best HSF combo options to cool a Tualatin Celeron? I am currently using a Cooler Master XDream (HAC-V81) It has an 80mm fan and variable air flow from 31.4-62.8CFM's.

Thanks.

Your heatsink should cool a tualatin celeron. If you really want to replace it, I use a sk7 and a 32cfm 80mm fan. 1.2 running at 1704 at 1.7V runs 43-45C under load.

I did the vid pin mod on a TUSL2-C and it won't post past 128FSB. Temp go as high as 55C with a load.

I am also not using artic silver but a Dow Corning heatsink compound. I'm even wondering if I am putting too much of it?

The only other thing I can think of is, I need extreme cooling, or simply my 1.2 won't make it to 133FSB.

Any other possible details about the TUSL2-C I am not aware about?

Thanks.

I'm using the same motherboard, I don't think you need to mod the motherboard. I get 1.85V settings without a mod. I can get 150fsb with my 1.2 but the 3D performance drops off after 142.
I would try reseating the heatsink using AS and see if your temps drop. Also if your case temps are high you can try lowering them. If your still getting that high temps, there's a possibilty that your processor will not reach 133fsb. The B stepping 1.2s are more likely to hit 133fsb and higher. You can find more about the codes and steppings here:
http://processorfinder.intel.com/scripts/list.asp?ProcFam=49&CorSpd=ALL&SysBusSpd=ALL&PkgType=ALL

My default voltages go from 1.475-1.675 without a vid pin mod. With vid pin trick they start at 1.675- to about 1.825 I believe. What motherboard, revision, and bios are you using?

Tualatin here is an SL5Y5 an "A" steping so it's possible it won't hit the 133FSB.

Which AS do you recommend?

Thanks.

I just double checked my voltages on my TUSL2-C and they range from 1.50 to 1.80. I have ver. 1.04 and BIOS 1012. I may be getting these voltages because I removed the BSEL 1 pin to default to 133fsb. You don't want to do this until your sure your processor is stable at 133fsb. This processor has run stable at 1800 in the TUSL2-C. The RAM has slower timings and the AGP causes the 3D marks to drop off at 1800. It runs best at 1704.

Are you reading the ver. off the manual or of the motherboard itself? I suspect we may have different ver. I am also using bios 1012.

I also have rev. 1.04. I also noticed that while MBM is reporting 41 C, Sisoft Sandra is reporting 24 C for CPU temp. So temp may not be my problem after all.

Back