• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Which Motherboard To Get??

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

squirtle632

I am going to get a new motherboard but cannot decide on which one to choose. All have their strengths and weaknesses.
I have a P4 1.8 for the time being until I can save up for a better one. I thought I can get away with overclocking this 1.8 for a while.

Main things I want:
Stability
Overclocking
Lan
Sound
Good BIOS options
Accurate temp monitoring ( like in my Intel )
and the ability to use my Zalman CNPS 7000 AlCu

So far I have narrowed to down to:

ABIT IC7-Max3
Asus P4P800 Retail
Asus P4C800 DELUXE
Albatron PX865PE PRO II Retail
or Gigabyte GA-8KNXP

Any suggestions and WHY?
I do not want to have to upgrade this MB for a LONG time.

Last edited:
Why would you want to get a 1.8ghz pentium? You could get an AMD barton 2500+ for $90. It will be faster, OC better, be more stable, & you could an ABIT NF7-S MOBO to match. The NF7-S has LAN,STABILITY,OVERCLOCKABILTY,GOOD BIOS OPTIONS AND NOT TO MENTION THE ONBOARD NVIDIA SOUNDSTORM DOLBI 5.1 ENCODER FOR YOUR SOUND!!!!![Oh and CAN mount your fan.] This MOBO and processor can be purchased for less than you will get that ABIT IC7-Max3 for!

idle 83°F - load 110°F
dont display your temps in F*, nobody goes by F*;)

a12bc3:cool:

Gotcha, but my point is that you could buy a 2500+ w/ the mobo for the same price as one of the boards you had in mind.;)

I was having the same problem. I think I will go with the Asus P4C800 DELUXE. From what I have read it the most value for the buck. But more info is good.

Sorry. I am an Intel loyalist. Have been since 1995
OK OK I would have to say the max3 because of the package and the OTES on the mosfets. The mosfet's overheating are a pain in my abit IS7-E. There are reviews all over the place comparing the P4C800 vs max3. Here is a link with about 10 links inside of them:

THE LINK

Back