• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Wooden case

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Bensa

I was digging around my old favorites and found this.
2002_09_20_puukotelo_koteloetup.jpg

Its only in Finnish, but you probably get the idea just from the pics.

Edit: IM A FREAKING IDIOT, forgot the link, here it is.

Last edited:
Heh, thats the kind of stuff we sometimes do in shop class. In Finland, wood working is a appreciated skill since it is a large part of our culture. But yes, that took a lot of planning to get them to fit just right.
He says hes going to put watercooling in there later.

man he even put wood over the buttons for the CD and floppy drives. I could never be that ppatient with powertools :D

Man, that is so freakin sweet. Heavy work there :D. I'm a trim carpenter by trade, i think that something equivalent would be possible giving myself plenty, and i mean PLENTY, of free time and the tools that i allready have free access to. Damn thats really really nice work.

J.

Wow, watercool a wooden case. Maybe it'll GROW if some leaks :)

J/K EXCELLENT JOB. That's the product of Hundreds of man hours!

that is awsome...truely amazing. Origanal....I like origanal....as I sometimes get tired of seeing the same old cases modded the some way. This...THIS is a true one-of-a-kind.

vonkaar said:
Vikings and their wood...

very nice ^_^

I'll take that as a personal insult. GRRRR :D
The only people directly related to Vikings are, the Swedish, Norwegians, the Danish and Icelanders. But yeah, our biggest business (along with electronics) is timber. Over 3/4 of the land is covered in thick forest.

He says it took him 200+ hours to do. Its made of birch and is very functional. He made the plugs for the front panel so that when he takes the casing of the case off, he does not need to use a lot of time reattaching them. It works kind of like older cases, where the whole top would come of. The PSU is also slide in for extra functionality, so you can connect everything to the psu and then slide it in.

hmm would it catch on fire or at least burn the wood if it's too hot inside?
But it's an awesome case! beautiful craftsmanship

Nah, w/o anything to ignite a flame, it would have to get pretty damn hot for it to just catch on fire by merely heat...there would have to be a spark somewhere for it to catch on fire...

But wow, I've seen a couple wooden cases and that one really does look the best! I like how he put what looks like shelving paper on the optical drive. Really looks shweet :D

The little trim edging looks pretty cool also, I'm guessing he used a router or something like that. I'm kinda curious because I thought routers worked best on edges, but hey as people in this thread have said, Finnish heritage contains wood :D

Awesome looking case.

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Even with a spark, you would need highly flamable vapors or something else.

It can be 120 degrees outside, and you can make a spark next to a piece of wood and it wont catch fire .

bubba gump said:

But wow, I've seen a couple wooden cases and that one really does look the best! I like how he put what looks like shelving paper on the optical drive. Really looks shweet :D

Nope, not trim. Hand carved birch, and personally, I think its the best looking part of the case since it has different finishes on the buttons. Very accurate work.

Back