• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

lost

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Sir Golitech

North Vancouver, B.C. Canada *Proud of it*
Can anyone give me any ideas on which kind of motherboard I can use with my new Slot-T 1.3GHz Tualy?

I'm looking for a mobo that has more BIOS adjustments than my ECS board...ie:FSB/i/o voltage.My current board only has FSB adjustments of 100/103/106/112/133.It would be nice to have adjustments in between 112/133.I pretty much just need a board that will support my chip.

I'm unsure of what is needed in the way of info for you guys, if you could let me know I will post the info.

Cheers
Goli

Can you elaborate on what you mean by a 'slot-T' Tualatin? Is that a Tualatin on something like a PowerLeap slot 1 adapter? In any case, the m/b you posted a link to is a dual socket 370 m/b, so I doubt that's what you're looking for. If you actually have a socket 370 Tualatin CPU on an adapter card, then you could remove the processor and put it into a socket 370 m/b. Otherwise, you'll have to get a slot 1 m/b. Unless that's some sort of 'server' slot processor, in which case you'll need an appropriate m/b. Can you provide more details on the particular processor? What's the L2 cache? 256KB, 512KB or more? Is it a Celeron or PIII?

This is the adapter and this is the chip
I would like to use the adapter still, but I may sacrifice it for a good socket370 board at reasonable price.My current board has both options, it's just old.Both options would also be nice in a new board.

I just believe this chip could go higher if I had a better board.

I think you're going to have enough trouble finding a good socket 370 m/b with Tualatin support, never mind with a slot 1 as well. There's no advantage to using the adapter, in fact you're probably worse off with regard to OC'ing. If you can find a TUSL2-C m/b (ASUS socket 370 with Tualatin support) that would probably be your best bet for OC'ing.

The second explicitly states Tualatin support, so I would assume it would work. For the first, it isn't clear. An ECS m/b using a SiS chipset would not be my first choice, especially if you want to OC. You'll be much better off with a m/b based on the Intel 815 chipset. Likewise, another manufacturer, such as ASUS, would be a better choice. Especially for OC'ing.

I've never been a big fan of Soyo myself. But I agree, that m/b will be a much better choice than either of the ECS / SiS m/b's.

A fine choice for a socket 370 that supports the Taully core is an Abit ST6.........won't be easy to find though. Not too many manufacturers are still producing S370 boards and even fewer (if any) producing slot1's:(

Right chipset, but really uneasy about DFI. I would recommend sticking to the 'major' brands, ASUS, Abit, MSI, ...

Back