• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

when i try to install windows xp... it gives me this error..

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Lt. Max

i just built a new computer for a friend and whenever i try to install windows now it gives me this strange error.
after i copy the files from cd to hard drive and restart as it says it says:

Error Loading Operating system

so i cant get the windows installation to commence.. anyone kno whats goin on here?

tnx
max

Check out this article from the mskb. It describes your exact problem. Should help you in figuring out what to do. Good luck!

Matt

ok
its an xp 2100 tbred b
nf7-s motherboard
80 gig WD hdd
2x256 ram
i loosened the ram timings to make sure thats not the problem..

im gonna read that article tnx

the thing is the bios sees the HDD just fine.
so why could that be a problem (as according the the bios)

im running memtest86 atm so ill see if any memory errors

max

Did the WD drive come with a disk that you have to use initially with XP? I think my 40 Gig had something like that.

In reading the article and what you said I think your hard drive probably is not the problem. It may have to do with the BIOS though. Make sure you are not overclocked at all. That can stop setup from working. Also, take out all non-essential devices, many times that helps set up finish without problems. Take out any sound cards, network cards and anything else you don't need to install windows. Good Luck!

Matt

Fast420A said:
Did the WD drive come with a disk that you have to use initially with XP? I think my 40 Gig had something like that.

Really? I own a bunch of WD hard drives, all oem, not retail packages and not once installed any kind of cd before installing windows or using the drive. Heh, I thought the disks were just for troubleshooting. You learn something new everyday I guess.

Matt

hmm.. originally the WD was retail yeah..
but i have an 80 gig western digital as well and i didnt havta do anything with the floppy..

also is there any way to turn of SATA RAID cause whenever u boot up it chills in the boot up process for like 4 seconds looking for SATA RAID drives.. anyone here got an nf7s and did smth about this?

tnx

max

also is there any way to turn of SATA RAID cause whenever u boot up it chills in the boot up process for like 4 seconds looking for SATA RAID drives.. anyone here got an nf7s and did smth about this?

Yeah, mine does that also, I don't think there's anything you can do about it thou. It's just part of the boot up process.

Back