• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Help me please got a problem with one of my Motherboards

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

FIRESTARR357

Ok I don't know what to do I broke off the Power switch pins when i pulled the power switch wire off. I don't know how to power on now, i don't want to scrap this motherboard because of 2 stupid pins. Any ideas on how to fix this. Thx guys

You could solder them back on, or solder the wires directly to the board. Or, just short what's left with a screwdriver every time you want to turn it on.

Yeah i may try to solder them back on they broke off at the board lol there is nothing left just the nubs inside the board. Thx for the advice guess i will try to solder them.

Depending on placement you might try small screws into the spots and then cut the heads off to form new pins, but be careful not to cut a trace.
Regards, Balrog

Hey back in college in electronics class i gto teh A++ in soldering them little tiny resistors that computer/robitics solder all the time...its real easy and thereeis a little trick/// flux filled solder will help you lots... get some FINE solder... so you can keep the heat low...brace your solder arm... and believe it or not.. like squeezing a trigger.. exhale when you touch the solder rod.. you get no jitter. that is all there is to it.. good luck :)

Back