• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thoughts on Halo PC.

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yeah, just from my experience, tanks = easiest to kill, warthogs and ghosts = harder to kill.

If we ever play together one day, Im sure youll notice Im a bare bones player, no frills. Pistol and on foot, always. Maybe a shotgun if were playing ctf, but thats about it.

Fushyuguru said:
Yeah, just from my experience, tanks = easiest to kill, warthogs and ghosts = harder to kill.

If we ever play together one day, Im sure youll notice Im a bare bones player, no frills. Pistol and on foot, always. Maybe a shotgun if were playing ctf, but thats about it.

Sounds good to me... we should team up some time... Do you play over xbconnect at all???

We used to go on Gamespy alot. I havent used XBconnect but ill def check it out. Do they check for modded boxes? About half of us have modded boxes.

Fushyuguru said:
We used to go on Gamespy alot. I havent used XBconnect but ill def check it out. Do they check for modded boxes? About half of us have modded boxes.

Not that I know of... It's not anything like x-box live. It's free too. I like it better than gamespy tunnel. After a little while, I started having big problems w/ gamespy. For some reason it wouldn't detect my NIC card... weird :-/ Turns out gamespy's support doesn't have any resources to set up port forwarding w/ my router, xbconnect did; (excellent support dept) ... So I've been playing on xbconnect ever since.

BTW: My name on xbconnect is YellowDart. I'm on there every once in a while (sometimes on Fri or Sat nights). I've been playing the HaloPC demo lately :)

get the full halo pc version, many new fun maps :) ghosts are pretty easy to get away from on bumpy terrain strafing, plasma grenades and a pistol are my best friends ;)

Ghosts are my vehicle of choice in Halo Xbox. It's fun running people down w/ one of those bad boys!

I'll be getting the full version. Money is TIGHT atm. I've got some mods to do to my rig, that'll take precedence over buying halo. (Need new hsf, PSU, and fan controller, so I can oc my CPU :D ). I'm hoping to get it for Christmas, unfurtunately, it may have to wait that long... :-/

Hatkeeper: Where have you been?

YellowDart said:
BTW: My name on xbconnect is YellowDart. I'm on there every once in a while (sometimes on Fri or Sat nights). I've been playing the HaloPC demo lately :)

Ill be using the name "Fush" when I get on there, keep an eye out. I play alot on weekends when I have time.

Fushyuguru said:

Ill be using the name "Fush" when I get on there, keep an eye out. I play alot on weekends when I have time.

I'll stick you on my friends list. That way if you're on, I can invite you into a game... I usually host games (since my cable connection is pretty quick).

YellowDart,

I tried XBConnect tonight... unfortunately, laggy as all getout. I think that might be where the choppyness is comming from in the halo pc demo. Sad, cuz we have a T1 line here with a 1024k upload. They must have some kind of overhead that limits mass traffic.

It was funny, was talking to some kids on the chat area about halo. They must not have been that old, they were giving me the rundown and quizzing me and junk on halo stuff. They called me an 'elite' incognito. Nice lingo on the XBC. :D I always love nerdy lingo. I kept saying my connection was trash, so they kept asking me to join games, id get the first couple kills and then connection would drop and theyd get all mad. If you see a guy called {{[Wussy-Boyz]}} or something like that, I kicked his tail for about a minute or two then lagged out.

He was all "well lets play a game!", and I was all, "my connection sucks donkey balls". So I played anyways and watched him fly through the air from nades as I shot him in the face.

I Love Halo...

I think that Halo should never have been released on PC. This was and still is a great game for xbox, but now it feels ruined in some way.
They could've waited and released Halo2 for PC and xbox.
I see many people flaming the graphics in this game, but what they don't realise is that this game in it's original is rather "old". Sure it got DX9 converted, but that doesn't mean it has this all new graphics setup.
I think I'll take out my xbox and play this game it's meant to be played :p

No flaming please, but all comments are welcome.

Fushyuguru said:
YellowDart,

I tried XBConnect tonight... unfortunately, laggy as all getout. I think that might be where the choppyness is comming from in the halo pc demo. Sad, cuz we have a T1 line here with a 1024k upload. They must have some kind of overhead that limits mass traffic.

It was funny, was talking to some kids on the chat area about halo. They must not have been that old, they were giving me the rundown and quizzing me and junk on halo stuff. They called me an 'elite' incognito. Nice lingo on the XBC. :D I always love nerdy lingo. I kept saying my connection was trash, so they kept asking me to join games, id get the first couple kills and then connection would drop and theyd get all mad. If you see a guy called {{[Wussy-Boyz]}} or something like that, I kicked his tail for about a minute or two then lagged out.

He was all "well lets play a game!", and I was all, "my connection sucks donkey balls". So I played anyways and watched him fly through the air from nades as I shot him in the face.

I Love Halo...

hehehe... Yea it can be pretty laggy when a game first loads. Sometimes it takes a min or two for the connections to settle in. But after that, it's completely lag-free. Just gotta give it a minute or so in a new game. I like xbc a lot so far. There are a lot of youngins in there. It ****es me off sometimes, cause they can be really immature. Esp if you're owning them in a game, they get mad and quit (ruining the game for everybody else! :mad: )

BTW: Is your box modded? I've been thinking about doing it (my wife suddenly likes the idea, since I told her everything that you can do w/ a modded box). Do you know of a good (reliable) place to get a mod chip, and a good 120-80g hd that works well w/ xbox?
</offtopic>

masterchief said:
>>My question is, how is the real gameplay on their servers? Are they as choppy and Lag as much?

Depends on the server...

>>Is the game worth my $50?

Maybe $40 but i like it

>>Did Bungee get rid of some of the perks of the x-box version (getting outside levels ect)?

Unfortunately yes

Where did they remove outside levels and why? Was it in MP.

I can't see why they would remove outside levels from SP. Those were the best levels in the game.

OCNoob: He's talking about the trick of getting outside a level in multiplayer. Ex: Getting on top of Blood Gulch or Sidewinder...

YellowDart: The lag problem for me is definitely not normal. I got on about 5 low pping games and like clockwork I would get disconnected about 2minutes in, but not before my character would freeze and stop moving for about 30 seconds. Im pretty convinced its some overhead thing on my college network to keep kids from eatting bandwidth.

Modded Box: Yeah, my roomate in college here modded boxes for people to make money a while back. Hes mad good at it. He could mod a box and replace the HD, put the software on and even put new led's in the front light in under an hour. Its a pretty involved process, to at least get the HD replaced. MS did some crazy stuff with hardware locking and ID keys. Mod chips themselves are easy to fnd, he uses one I think its called Evo-X? Or something like that. Its solderless and uses pogo pins and a screw point already on the mobo. Just screw it in and it hits the traces on the mobo. Boom, done. Its the bioses and getting the software on that sucks. It helps to have a dvd burner, cuz the dvdrom doesnt like reading CDR's. Other than that, its a sweet deal. Keeps the price of games down and theres some cool apps for modded boxes. Some of them you can just turn off the chip and play on XBLive with. Ill PM you soon with my roomates email address. Hes def the expert. I just gotta let him know, hes at home in New Mexico now getting knee surgery, so it make take a few to get ahold of him.

LAG: That sux about the lag issue. It prolly is something w/ your school's connection. Your prolly right, I'm betting it's a client control of some sort that keeps you form eating too much bandwidth. They prolly like to try to keep each dorm room (or whatever) to around 128kb/s upstream. XBC can sometimes eat up more than that. It taxes my connection sometimes (usually at the beginning of games), and I've got a connection around 256kb/s upstream. Stupid, lousy school's ip controlls!!!!! ;)

CHIP: That would be kewl... I've got some buddies that have talked about doing it to their boxes, but haven't gotten around to it. I don't have the mechanical inclination to do it, but I've got several IT friends, and another who's studying electrical engineering. One of them should prolly be able to help. I've heard of those chips you can turn off to access Xbox Live. I've got that, but I'll probably cancel it right before my 1 yr free subscription runs out. :D

Back