• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Anyone else kill an LG Drive?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Ebola

Senior Toilet Scrubber
I killed one yesterday. Old NEC Server. We had two of these boxes and one had an NEC drive and the other had a Goldstar drive. The Goldstar Drive died about 1 minute into the install. After I took it apart I noticed the small print on the drive that read LG Electronic Inc.

I think sometimes good drives just go bad. :( I've tried to attribute it to some particular event, but I've come to the conclusion that sometimes hardware just dies.

I think they should pull MDK 9.2 until they seem to get this problem fixed. Its kind of too bad, consider the company is already bankrupt.

i figure the software bug is a blessing because its permanantly removing crappy hardware off my system

Wrong it is the fact that LG did not stick to spec on there drives. So when they recieve a FLUSH_CACHE command from mdk 9.2 it kills the firmware. . LG is saying they do not support Linux:eek: Here is a little more on it:
http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/lgerrata.php3

P.S. [COLOR=3300F1]G[/COLOR][COLOR=3300F1]e[/COLOR][COLOR=300EE3]n[/COLOR][COLOR=2D1CD5]t[/COLOR][COLOR=2A2AC7]o[/COLOR][COLOR=2639B8]o[/COLOR][COLOR=2347AA] [/COLOR][COLOR=20559C]r[/COLOR][COLOR=1D638E]o[/COLOR][COLOR=19727F]c[/COLOR][COLOR=168071]k[/COLOR][COLOR=138E63]s[/COLOR][COLOR=109C55]![/COLOR][COLOR=0CAB46]![/COLOR][COLOR=09B938]![/COLOR][COLOR=06C72A][/COLOR]

Back