• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2.4c M0 (SL6Z3) or 2.6c D1 (SL6WS): Which one best to OC?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

DoctorJones

Hi guys, new in the forum...

I'm building my new PC and I want it to be as fast as a plane but as cheap as possible (not easy, isn't it? ;) ), bassicaly for PhotoShop works.

I'm going to get a P4P800 (really good, as I read in everywhere) but I'm not sure about the CPU:
As I've read in lots of forums, a 2.6c is as good to OC as a 2.4c, but, of course, it can be OC'ed to higher speeds, but... most of those post were written before the M0 version for the 2.4c (SL6Z3)...

I've read in a few forums that the M0 (which seems to be EE without L3 cache) is a really amazing overclocker, but... Is it even better than a faster 2.6c with a not so good stepping?

Also, like I'm on a reduced budget, I can't afford PC3700 or PC4000 memories, so, I will go for PC3200 DCh ones (if you can, please read also my post on this topic Faster of bigger memory? ), and I think the x13 multiplier of the 2.6c (instead the x12 of the 2.4c) will be nicer with the OC'ed mems (correct me if I'm wrong), cause they'll work more "relaxed".

I can get the SL6Z3 where I live and the 2.6c also (and even cheapper!!!:eek: ) so... what do U suggest?

Also, I try to get as much speed as possible with the stock HS and Fan (I'll buy a better one anyway if the CPU gets to hot) and, according to intel specs (2.6c D1 (SL6WS) and 2.4c M0 (SL6Z3)) the 2.6 has a better Thermal Spec and Thermal Guideline, so, I undertand that it will not get so hot with the same HS at default Vcore and same OC'ed speed.

Any help with this issue, will be appreciated,

TIA

DoctorJones

I have heard that the mO actually runs cooler even though tis specs say different.

Personally, I'd get the 2.4C M0, that's what I've been looking for lately, but you're right, the 2.6C is probably a better match for PC3200 RAM.

I sent you a private message.

Back