• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2003 week last unlocked Barton was manufactured

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Hell i just ordered 3 2500+ Bartons late last night after reading this thread from newegg.com.

Now that i've heard that newegg shipping from there NJ warehouse is sending out locked chips i might be screwed cause i've gottin stuff sent to me from there before...hmmm but that was only when i rushed the order and had it sent out 2 day air or over night.. Hope i get lucky though. I bought 3 hoping to get atleast one unlocked chip and send the others back or sell them off if there 2 unlocked.

God this is kinda stupid cause the 11 mult is just about right on for overclocking with high FSB..

11x230= 2530 <-- I'm not sure how pratical this could happen even with watercooling.
11x225=2475 <-- Prob will be lucky if that would work
11x220=2420 I think this would happen
11x215=2365 <-- That would suck anything below that would suck.

As most know with the NF7-S v2.0 mults 10.5 and 10 dont seem to boot with certain bios but 10.. I've never had a Barton before.. I'm using a 2100+ Tbread B.. so do you have to use a certain bios to get the board to play nice with the barton?

God i almost feel like i should just cancel my order but at the same time.. Having 3 chips to choose from sounds like fun really.hehe.

what do u mean unlocked by a wiretrick?
The 2500+ doesn't need a wire trick, it's either unlocked or not

Huh. I didn't check the sub string and it’s in the watercooler. Not taking it out today it’s bolted down. I’m putting in an Abit Nf7-s later this week, if it’s different than the norm, I’ll update information.

I guess putting the wire on was useless.

First Post Here :D

I didnt want to gamble from buying online without seeing the stepping of the CPU so I went to my local Fry's Electronics store and looked at them. For $102.83 (after Texas Sales Tax) I picked up a

AQXEA 0331

I have no way to test this chip since I wont have my motherboard until Christmas, but I am hoping since it is pre-week 39 I will be good. I also saw on an earlier post in this thread, someone had the exact chip that I do and it was unlocked, seems to be a big + right now.

I really hope this chip is in fact unlocked because it only has a 15 day return policy and I wont get my Mobo for a month and a half :(

EDIT: Adding picture as requested...

129211_159_full.jpg

Last edited:
Do you have a digital camera so you could post a pic of the CPU? It'd help.
I think people around here with both locked and unlocked chips should start a thread which will contain only pics of all they're bartons. So we can have a larger number of chips to judge by if the missing capacitor is really the cause for the CPU not to be unlocked.

AQZEA 0341RPMW

I try and change the the multiplier from 11 to 12, in bios, save&exit. Run cpu-z and the multiplier shows up as 11. Makes baby jesus want to cry.

I haven't seen the link to the AMD support forum thread posted here so here it is.

Not in the CPU support area but in the General Technology Chat area? Apparently it was moved.

Might as well register and let 'em know how you feel, it's been a busy thread.

<sigh> local compusa (god I hate that place) doesn't even have one in stock and is charging $149 US.

I understand AMD's reasoning, but they should have been up front about this. Pulling the same kind of stuff Intel is known for won't help them in the long run.

FYI! I ordered a 2500+ from newegg retail last friday, it came today, its a AQXEA 0334 SPMW, dont have time to put it in right now i have to go work, but im assuming its unlocked, its the OLD pcb too! This is from the california warehouse BTW.

!!! i ordered my 2500 last friday also :D processed today, hope for a tracking number soon. if it is from cali i will be very happy ^^

I just got off the phone with Newegg asking them which warehouse is sending me my order of 3 Bartons and he told me the NJ warehouse.. I asked him if there was a chance if they could ship it from the Cal one and he told me no possable way.. SUCKS TO BE ME!

I'm in Michigan so i guess there just going to send it from NJ since its closer... Damnit. The order is only at step 2 of 5 and i'm thinking i should just call and cancel the order before i get stuck paying the 15% restocking fee if all they have are newer chips.

KnownKiller said:
........ i'm thinking i should just call and cancel the order before i get stuck paying the 15% restocking fee if all they have are newer chips.

You could always cancel the order and buy a few 2.4Cs.
The best way to let a company know they've upset their userbase is to vote with your wallet. ;)

KnownKiller said:
I just got off the phone with Newegg asking them which warehouse is sending me my order of 3 Bartons and he told me the NJ warehouse.. I asked him if there was a chance if they could ship it from the Cal one and he told me no possable way.. SUCKS TO BE ME!

I live in NJ and the 2 I ordered came from the CA warehouse.

You can just refuse the package and you'll get a refund in a week.

-Bobby

Ok thanks.. I might do that if i dont hear from anyone getting an older week from Newegg through there NJ warehouse.. I guess that buys me some time to think..hehe. Hell i'm comtaplating just picking up a AMD64 chip if i can figure out what MB to get and if i can order a different top to my DangerDen AMD 3 block to fit it.

Its kinda stupid though since i really dont need a new CPU.. My 2100+ TB B core does over 2500 on air and i've never had the chance to install my water cooling yet to see how much farther she can run.. but i just wanted to have backup just encase of an emergency since the mult lock is now in effect it seems.

Thank God I got my 2500+ AQXEA 0331 in Sept. Nice 2.2GHz chip.

You people about to get bartons, oh man. Poor fellows. :(

I hope they choose to reverse this mindset when the paris core chips are launched....

giarc25 said:
First Post Here :D

I didnt want to gamble from buying online without seeing the stepping of the CPU so I went to my local Fry's Electronics store and looked at them. For $102.83 (after Texas Sales Tax) I picked up a

AQXEA 0331

I have no way to test this chip since I wont have my motherboard until Christmas, but I am hoping since it is pre-week 39 I will be good. I also saw on an earlier post in this thread, someone had the exact chip that I do and it was unlocked, seems to be a big + right now.

I really hope this chip is in fact unlocked because it only has a 15 day return policy and I wont get my Mobo for a month and a half :(

EDIT: Adding picture as requested...

129211_159_full.jpg

That's almost exactly like my chip. AQXEA 0331. Your chances of that being unlocked are pretty high. :D

PCluva said:
OK I am getting concerned! I am getting one of these tomorrow from my local computer dude, but I can't remember, can you see the stepping on the core thru the clear retail box?

Yes you can. You have to look at it from an angle but you will be able to see it.

Here's a pic of one that I got from the CA warehouse of Newegg:

barton_2500+.jpg

(retail cpu)

-Bobby

Back