• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

2003 week last unlocked Barton was manufactured

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
I'm running the slk 900A w/ceramique. Idle temp of 28C and load of 45C (is it unusual to have such a wide spread in the idle vs load temps?) My system temp is 19 idle 24 load.

Still, my idle temps are at least 20C cooler than with the stock hsf.

Thermalright has the venerable SK7 listed in their archives so it's not being made anymore. Too bad indeed.

BTW the price differance between the clip-on & bolt on is ~$5.

I am getting ready to buy an AMD xp2600+ barton core cpu from NewEgg. The odds are it is locked. It runs at 1.9, I would be satisfied with it reaching just 2.0, I would be even happier if it would go to 2.08 equal to the xp2800+. My question is this, could just bumping up the FSB achieve this.

system:

Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro
xp1600+ cpu (wantin to upgrade this)
Kingston Hyper X pc2700 dual channel ram 512mb
BFG Tech Geforce FX 5600 ultra

Any help would be most appreciated thanx.

He didn't.

MHz speed = [FSB] x multiplier.

We need to stop using the word 'locked' and start using the term 'multiplier locked'.

Another example how changed wording helped solve a big problem: People didn't realize they were getting DLT3C Thouroughbred A's a few months back. Instead of 'DLT3C', posting 'DLT3C B (not A)' addressed that confusion.

P.S. By the way AQZFA 0342 UPMW comes as both locked and unlocked, some were shipped out before AMD had a chance to lock them.

StinkNBreff said:
Whats the full stepping napalm ? IQXEA ? What about all teh other numbers and such please ? I have a source I can ask for specific steppings and I would very much appreciate the info !
Thanx

AXMH2500FQQ4C
Z326372270074
AQXEA 0335UPMW

Sorry for being late with my reply.

polarys425 said:

miraculous motherboard you have there. a KT266A board doing 200?

205 max out of box, no mods. Downside, gotta have hardware capable of 100/+ AGP and 50/+ PCI.

NapalmV5 said:

Not bad but hope i get more out of it.

edit:

Just got it to post at 2744 196x14 @ 2 v., watercooled.

Can you bench it at that speed?
I can run 3DMark01 at 2640 MHz (220 x 12), 2.06V, but its not prime stable. It will go further but I haven't pushed it yet. For 24/7 I run it at a prime95 stable speed of 2400 MHz (220 x 11), 1.9V.

AMD Just shot themselves in the foot!

With OC of an Intel averaging 1.47g, on a chip around $65 more - I see AMD not just taking a hit, but a crash.

The only single factor that truely kept AMD alive was the enthusiast, who OC'd! That's where their market was.....

No main stream businesses, as a whole (The big picture) use AMD! Yes, Dell et al are loading up AMD & these companies are also aiming @ the "stupid public market" to survive...ever see those TV ads? If that's their goal, then AMD needs new management.

It's 'nice' that AMD was around to take down Intel prices, otherwise we would be paying 500% more. But to take out their main buyers {OCers}, seems pretty stupid.

It was, I guess bound to happen one day -Just bought a Barton 2500+ week 42, will I ever buy another AMD -NOOOoooo, will I ever build another one..NOOooo! It's way slower than my Intel rig, way, way slower -But I liked to tinker, so now AMD takes the Tinker-Toy away?

By to AMD.

Now I guess, we will see an increase in Intel Prices, as they will swoop in and raise the price; as the obvious will happen ~AMD OC world will leave this chip & there will be a large dying off of dedicated AMD OC Forums, I mean there won't be any reason, right!

The lower Hrtz are simply not enough to compensate for the lower function vs Price with Intel. Thorton @2g, with a sniff for cache -Is the BEST AMD has to offer OR/ the 2.2g Barton. Not exactly a 3.2g chip, now -Is it, particulary if the OC is REMOVED and that 2.2g is NOT cheap either!!

AMD, really messed up on this one, bad PR.

Cheers

You guys heard that there might be a way to "unlock" the locked cpu's .. Somehow transforming the xp's into Mobile and/or mp's with L5 and/or L6 bridges instead of the old l3 method unlocks them ?

c627627 said:
It's an AQZEA not a PQZEA, see where it says 0332?
That means 2003 week 32.
It's unlocked.

Nope, there's definitely a PQZEA stepping now. I was just at my local store today, building a computer for a friend, and they had these steppings in the 2500+. Their batch had 1 0332, and an 0342 and 0347. All the AQZEA/AQZFA were post-0342, so I bought the 0332 PQZEA hoping it's unlocked. I haven't gotten a chance to put this chip to work yet, so I can't confirm whether it's locked or unlocked.

It's on a brown substrate, and the traces are visible.

Serial Code:
AXDA2500DKV4D
PQZEA 0332MPMW

Again, there is definitely a PQZEA stepping now! I'll let you know how she fares. There's one thread at EO forums, and it seems that even the 0332 PQZEA is locked...

Last edited:
tyson-chris said:

Nope, there's definitely a PQZEA stepping now. I was just at my local store today, building a computer for a friend, and they had these steppings in the 2500+. Their batch had 1 0332, and an 0342 and 0347. All the AQZEA/AQZFA were post-0342, so I bought the 0332 PQZEA hoping it's unlocked. I haven't gotten a chance to put this chip to work yet, so I can't confirm whether it's locked or unlocked.

It's on a brown substrate, and the traces are visible.

Serial Code:
AXDA2500DKV4D
PQZEA 0332MPMW

Again, there is definitely a PQZEA stepping now! I'll let you know how she fares. There's one thread at EO forums, and it seems that even the 0332 PQZEA is locked...

don't tell me that please..

heh i should be gettin my mobo and stuff today.. so i'll test and report back..

if not i'll be lookin for an unlocked again..

Just wanted to let you guys know, a 2600+ I just ordered from Monarch has arrived with the following model: AQZFA 0341 TPMW.

Guess it was a good idea to go for the higher multiplier CPU because hopefully I'll just be able to run the bus at 400 and stay happy with a 2.3GHz CPU :)

UPDATE: PQZEA 0332MPMW

Locked. I tried the 9, 9.5, 10 and 11.5 multipliers. All of them resulted in no post. I thought it was suspicious that such a new stepping had such an old date code, particularly when this was a fresh batch just shipped in to the computer store, with late date codes (0342, 0347), I thought it was strange that such an old one was in there. Maybe AMD threw that date code on to try and trick us :p

Anyways, yah, PQZEA 0332MPMW Locked.

Edit: It's running 200x11 @ 1.75v stable though, which isn't too bad. It's fast enough for my friend's computer anyways.

Back