• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Push button Cmos

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

BowerR64

I made a few of these back when i had my BE6-2 and i remember posting it on another forum and everyone told me "why when you have a BE6-2 just hold the insert key while you power it up"

seems that feature has gone so i dug out that button and im using it again on my IC7 it works good.

I just got a normaly on momentary on button from radio shack and use a black, white and red audio cable from CD roms. In normal position the switch connects the 2 normal pins and when i push it , it connects the to reset pins. It seems to work good for the IC7 that dont require the battery removed or the power pulled.

Ide post a pic if i knew how, seems all those features are removed from this forum?

I'd been wondering about doing that myself, but hadn't seen it mentioned before, I knew someone would have done it. Thanks for the info, I'll give it a try!
Regards, Balrog

Last edited:
I used somthing similar on an old HP box i had, there was a jumper for 66fsb or 100 and i was running a 366 celeron in it. I called it a "turbo button" lol flipping the switch on boot up would overclock it to 550 simple but people not really into computers or electronics thougth it was the greatest thing and i was some kind of genious...lol

Back