• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED EASYPCKITS Lapping Kits $4 -$13+ low shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Ah i found this thread again...I ordered one a week or so ago and am very happy with the service. Thanks!!!!

I might be ordering up one of your xmas gift's but I need to get an address.

Fightingpiper said:
Ah i found this thread again...I ordered one a week or so ago and am very happy with the service. Thanks!!!!

I might be ordering up one of your xmas gift's but I need to get an address.

FightingPiper - email me at [email protected] and I would be happy to give you ordering and pricing information.

Dave

Just lapped my Vantec Areoflow tonight, took about 45 mins, I spent about the time of a song on the radio on each grit, seemd to make it go by pretty fast. So far the results seem promising. My tems went from 55*c under load to 50*C, I might attribute 1 or 2 *C to the new AS5 but still a great peformance increase! All in all all i would say the product is well worth 2x the money! And who could as for a better/nicer person to buy from?

Thanks Dave!

jabroni1m said:
Just ordered premium kit and artic alumina adhesive, thanks. My temps right now are over 50 with aftermarket hsf, its really rough.

Well my temps were actually starting to reach 70 c idle and my computer kept shutting off for security. But received the kit, lapped it, not as good as most of you do, but I had a mirror finish good enough to see myself and my temps are at 40 idle, 45 load.

Thanks again insulglass, left you some heatware, could you leave me some, name is jabroni1m there

Just got my kit in the mail today. I ordered the standard w/glass and some AS5. At first I thought the kit was a little small. Once I got to lapping though I could see it was the perfect size :D

Before I started I ran my fingernail over the bottom of the slk-947u and was dismaied at all the ridges on it. It took me about an hour and a half to get an even mirror finish. I even had to drop back a couple grits to get the center down.

I followed the instructions for the AS5 on the HSF. You have to tilt the HSF and see it from an angle to see the TIM its that good! I am very happy with the results. Thanks Dave! :D

dave, your payment has been sent, cant wait to see this awsome kit your selling. i cant thank you enough to know that all the sailors in the world are happy that you have made it easier for me to lap my heatsink

jstutman said:
dave, your payment has been sent, cant wait to see this awsome kit your selling. i cant thank you enough to know that all the sailors in the world are happy that you have made it easier for me to lap my heatsink

Shipped!

Dave, in regard to your email.

would you consider making a forum post somewhere? I have built my business through positive reviews and word-of-mouth referrals. Every little bit helps. :)

why of course.....

Everyone Who knows of Dave @ easypckits.com knows his service is A+++
Some people complain about his costs, I for one think his prices are Damn good. Figure the time and effort it would take YOU as an individual to aquire all the items in the kits. Dave is a great person and a hell of a business man. When mods/admin from here and at [H] speak nothing but good about him. I for one enjoy all his service and what he is doing for all those who require his services.

Thank you for your kind words!

Yes, I occasionally get questioned on my prices. But there are several things to consider - especially for those who have never owned or run a business. I'll use this thread for a moment - with the good graces of the moderators - to do a little education.

1) I have to purchase and carry inventory on a significant amount of materials, several hundred $$$ worth at any given time. This includes raw materials, labels, plastic bags, thermal compound, boxes, bubble wrap and newspaper, Arctic Silver products, etc. And multiple types of each item.

2) While I use USPS for boxes due to all my Priority Mail shipments, packaging still takes time, effort, and about 5 minutes to log in and print a label via the USPS website. I essentially do this at no charge while other companies charge a shipping and handling fee on top of the actual cost. My actual postage on most kits with glass is $3.85, I charge $4 mainly to keep the math simple and pricing neat. I have actually had a complaint before about that extra 15 cents. I also do about 10-15% of my business from overseas customers, which requires special packaging and customs forms to be filled out, which I do at no charge.

3) I have to do a lot of assembly and prep work myself - from recutting the sandpaper, to bagging and labeling, etc. The most tedious thing I do is polish the glass edges. No one ever notices this, but I hand polish every piece of glass on 8 edges so that no one slices their hand open on glass from one of my kits. I have worn out a couple of Dremel tools and diamond bits! In truth, I would like to dispense with glass all together but to my knowledge, none of my competitors offer it.

4) As a business owner, I am required to fill out tax forms separate from my family finances. Sales tax must be reported every month. I have to deal with some little crappy problem with my website or email, it seems like every month. All of this is just part of the overhead that you just have to do regardless.

5) I actually DO perform some research and testing. I occasionally try new products out and test different items. Also, I search for bargains that I can pass along as a "loss leader". For example, I recently offered some 1/2" clear tubing for watercoolers at $.15 per foot with any order.

6) I send out a LOT of kits and other stuff for free. Has anyone ever ordered a kit from me when they did not receive more value than they expected? :) I have been fortunate enough to have received some positive website reviews, and continue to submit kits for testing. Additionally, I answer a LOT of lapping related questions every day via email. Even if someone hasn't bought a kit from me, I try to answer questions the best I can in trying to help out. Lotsa noobs out there that need a little honest guidance - but that's a good thing, we were all there once. I also give occasional "scholarships" to people who respond to posts and threads.

7) I am starting to have a steady (though not yet booming) OEM business - that is, I custom make and label a lot of kits for resale through some online shops and vendors. One of them does a lot of work on eBay; another is famous for the water cooling systems they offer; another is one of the largest online retailers in Europe; and there are plenty of others. While I make very little on kits for resale, it is steady and it provides volume discounts that help out for individual sales.

I figured it up one time - I end up making about $3 per hour on
all the work I do. Compared to my "real life" electrical project engineering job I do, this business is almost worthless. I will make more money in a couple of weekends of overtime this spring than I cleared all last year in profit selling lapping kits (and I sold a BUNCH).

However, it is the personal satisfaction I get that keeps me going. There are so many bad, lazy, and outright greedy sellers out there that I vowed to do it differently. That's why I am so grateful for all the positive feedback and kind words that are passed my way. All of you who have purchased from me in the past - I thank you for your business from the bottom of my heart. Perhaps we can do some more in the future.

For everyone else, don't hesitate to drop me a line - I will be glad to give advice and help in any way I can. Just let me know what I can do to help. Sorry about the long ...well, maybe not a rant... you know what I mean. :)

Regards,

Dave
[email protected]

Dave, I lapped my maze3, worked like a charm.

Got all my tubing too. plus a bit extra.

Great service from Dave here guys, awesome guy.

BTW, ygpm.

lancingfury said:
from what i gather, a lapping kit sands the heatsink down so it makes better contact with the processor, or... not? thanks

That is correct. If you visit my site at www.easypckits.com, there are several links to guides and product reviews that you might find helpful. I particularly recommend the article by Extensiontech.

Feel free to email me if there are any questions I might answer for you, I'd be glad to help in any way possible.

Dave
[email protected]

WOW !!!

Ok I purchased one of the Premium Heat Sink Lapping Kits.
I have never lapped a heatsink before and I was lapping a Thermaltake Silent Boost. The directions were really easy.. the rubbing wasn't ! My heatsink was seriously uneven. It took me and my GF ( who I recruited for the project ) 2 hours on 400 grit just to level it out. Once it was leveled out it took maybe 5 minutes on each succesive grit..

So I put my heatsink back in and run Prime 95... Temperature was down 2 degrees. I thought, " Gee, that's alot of work for 2 measly degrees"... Fast forward 24 hours.

My temperature is down 7 degrees idle and 10 degrees LOAD !@!

..and here's the really odd part. My cpu temp is now LOWER than my case temp !

I would reccomend a Premium Heat Sink Lapping Kit to EVERYONE !

Oh also.. Im resleeving my PSU today and am in desperate need of some oversized, read LARGE cable ties, of which I had none.

Good thing I received some free with my order from http://easypckits.com/.. Haha

Silversinksam said:

Starts Singing the theme to the Jeffersons, 'Movin on up'.... :clap:

Now, that made me laugh out loud.
mhihi.gif

Seriously, it does look a lot cleaner. The biggest boost for me has been the shopping cart, I guess it adds a better air of legitimacy. Also soon, will be putting instructions online and a large FAQ section.

I am also going to be modifying my product mix a bit and adding a new kit - a "Coarse Kit" for roughing in sinks that need a LOT of help and those anodized aluminum ones that are so tough to get started. We'll see how it goes -

Dave
[email protected]
www.easypckits.com

Last edited:
All I've got to say is...Thank you Mr.Brown, your AWESOME kit allowed me to drop my temps by 5 C for only $10($6 kit+$4 shipping). Keep up the excellent work and I plan on buying another few kits in the near future as gifts for friends at a LAN, lol. I plan on forcing all my friends to lap their heatsinks and get their kits from you. Once again, thank you very much for the excellent idea, kit, shipping and results.

Back