• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED EASYPCKITS Lapping Kits $4 -$13+ low shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Aphex_Tom_9 said:
Ordered the standard HS lapping kit, got the Coarse kit and a bag of Zipties free!
Great service, Great kits. A+

Yah I agree, Davids a funny guy, I got a kit and he threw in a brand new Screwdriver set, and they were no ordinary screwdrivers, these things were like a foot and a half long.

I've heard from others that have bought his kits they have recieved freebies from Zip ties to specialized velcro. David's a good guy for sure. He makes little if any money from these kits and he's ok in my book!

awsome stuff here got the premium kit and also got some AS5 and AS adhesive all for a awsome price and fast shipping and i got a bunch of free zipties with it.

I also recived my premium kit in three days and the kit was great so was the shipping thanks for the zip ties... Here is what my heatshink looks like now. What a great pleasure to do business with :p :p :p

Attachments

• DSCF0020 (Small).JPG
    DSCF0020 (Small).JPG
    23.8 KB · Views: 475
Man this stuff is great. Order the kit with the glass and just as yall said got the free zip ties. What a nice guy:) Came out with an awesome lap job and awesome temps afterwards. Thanks again Dave :clap:

Attachments

• lappy.JPG
    lappy.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 464
GerrFel said:
<newb>
What does a lapping kit do? Very interested if this is such a big hit!
</newb>

You can improve the ability of your heat sink to transfer heat by providing a more precisely finished surface, i.e., it will mate better to the CPU. This can easily be performed by using a lapping kit.

Feel free to visit my site at www.easypckits.com and read the FAQ, you may find it helpful. Additionally, I have some links to some reviews that do an excellent job in describing more about the process.

Thanks for asking the question!

Dave
[email protected]

GREAT seller... best i've ever dealt with, and probably will stay the best forever... and i'm only 12...

Dave acts as like he's known you since you were born, and he treats you as if he were a slave (sometimes I wonder :D j/k)

I ordered my kit on Saturday, got it tuesday... lapped my sink yesterday..

the results were damn well worth it...

Before
After

btw:

I ordered directly from the site...$4 standard kit without glass, $4 for ceramique ($8 total)... checkout was at $13 (brought me up to $5 shipping, dunno why)

anyway, i send out the order, not caring/noticing bout the shipping... I get my kit, has a piece of glass...

notice something there??

$4 kit for without glass is what i ordered...

got a kit WITH glass for $2 less ($1 less than what it would have cost)...

btw, dave, and all other ppl reading this...:

after lapping to 2000grit, straight-lift-repeat method, should the bottom of the base be very scratched?? barely a foggy reflection??

SolidxSnake said:
GREAT seller... best i've ever dealt with, and probably will stay the best forever... and i'm only 12...

Dave acts as like he's known you since you were born, and he treats you as if he were a slave (sometimes I wonder :D j/k)

I ordered my kit on Saturday, got it tuesday... lapped my sink yesterday..

the results were damn well worth it...

Before
After

btw:

I ordered directly from the site...$4 standard kit without glass, $4 for ceramique ($8 total)... checkout was at $13 (brought me up to $5 shipping, dunno why)

anyway, i send out the order, not caring/noticing bout the shipping... I get my kit, has a piece of glass...

notice something there??

$4 kit for without glass is what i ordered...

got a kit WITH glass for $2 less ($1 less than what it would have cost)...

btw, dave, and all other ppl reading this...:

after lapping to 2000grit, straight-lift-repeat method, should the bottom of the base be very scratched?? barely a foggy reflection??

I appreciate the kind words. :)

We do have a slight problem with the Paypal checkout process we use to handle orders. For some reason, when a lapping kit without glass is added, the shipping is added regardless of other items purchased. Solving this problem has been a bit elusive. When the extra buck for shipping is tacked on, I always try to add something in that's worth more than the buck - in this case, the glass and a paper upgrade. I'd be glad to refund a buck through Paypal but the transaction fee minimum would eat most of it up.

We've taken a look at some other checkout/shopping cart systems, but they are either not flexible enough or waaaaay to powerful (you should infer expensive!) for us. For now, we have to stick with what we have. But, I make sure everyone is treated well.

Remember that the goal of lapping is to achieve maximum flatness. Several factors - how much water, sanding motion, etc - can alter the final finish a bit. In fact, I have found that simple back and forth reciprocal motion provides a generally more shiny finish than a circular or figure 8 motion. The difference between the final flatness will be minimal with the difference in motion.

Finally, sometimes "larger" grit from previous grit levels can cause scratching - and of course, this is most noticable in the final stages. Make sure you rinse the sink, glass, and paper as you go to wash away any stray bits of abrasive that could cause later scratches.

Thanks again!

Dave B
[email protected]

Buy this Kit.

as has been said, it is a great deal, no matter how you cut it, and Dave is a great guy, one of the best I have met online. credit to the forums.

Got a set for the first time. Super-nice guy, fast shipping, and a great set. Lapping, here I come!

I just ordered a kit today from school. I forgot to mention that I read about it here though. >><<

- Jeff

Just got my kit today, very very high quaility sand paper. Very fast shipping as well. I would buy from again for my next build, for sure.

Just recieved my order and I am completely satisfied. It got here in two days, he gave me a great deal on a half paper kit and even included some split loom even though I did not order any.

I will put my name on the fact that you can order from Mr. Brown and come away 100% satisfied with the product and the service every time!

I bought one of these years ago for my Socket-A heatsink. Great investment and well worth it if you don't want to go chasing around after all those different grades of sandpaper.

I bought one of these kits as well, and was very pleased with my purchase!

I just got mine today, finished lapping, my results are great! 3C off idle and 6C off load! I recommend this kit to everyone!!, and I even got some twist ties for free!! Awesome stuff

Back