• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

EXPIRED EASYPCKITS Lapping Kits $4 -$13+ low shipping

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
i bought my kit like 3-4 years ago, but i never got the guts to actually go ahead and use it. to tell the truth, i wasn't sure how, and i didn't want to make it any worse. can someone simplify it even more?

So its just using the heatsink and pushing it the same way on the heatsink, continuously for an hour or spinning the heatsink in a circular motion on the sandpaper? Hows the grit levels work?

Sry, i tried reading the guide, but i didn't quite understand.

bumsquad said:
i bought my kit like 3-4 years ago, but i never got the guts to actually go ahead and use it. to tell the truth, i wasn't sure how, and i didn't want to make it any worse. can someone simplify it even more?

So its just using the heatsink and pushing it the same way on the heatsink, continuously for an hour or spinning the heatsink in a circular motion on the sandpaper? Hows the grit levels work?

Sry, i tried reading the guide, but i didn't quite understand.
You could try reading my guide HERE... :cool:

Is it just me or do some heatsinks just need stronger course sandpaper than 400 grit.

I could swear I've spent almost an hour on my old X2 stock cooler with 400 grit to get that sucker flat.

I suggest lower grit sandpaper than 400 grit for anyone with stock coolers...

Doesn't it speed up the process to have more levels of sandpaper anyway? I feel like 220 or 280 would be a good starting point for some crappy bases.

I'm gonna buy the course set probably later today. I like the selection:

It's gotta be much faster to start low... I definitely wouldn't do this to a storm waterblock, though, cuz those come nicely lapped as it is. Yes, I already have the premium kit... i love it!

reusable... you wash em. my kit went through about 3-4 full lapping jobs so far. the only paper i needed to replace was the lowest grit one (400grit)... although, i ended up buying dave brown's course kit as well just the other day.

the kit lasts a long while...

great i was in home depot with my dad to get a multimeter and he thought the idea of anything over 300grit was insane

Hi, guys - I have some surplus sanding sheets. While supplies last, with every order of $5 or more - I will be including a free pack of 5 sheet of sandpaper. This will be random grits but each pack will have at least five different sheets.

All I ask is that you mention OC Forums by name as a reminder for me to include the free pack of paper. Please pass the word along if you know of anyone thinking about buying a lapping kit - now is the time. :)

David
[email protected]

insulglass said:
Hi, guys - I have some surplus sanding sheets. While supplies last, with every order of $5 or more - I will be including a free pack of 5 sheet of sandpaper. This will be random grits but each pack will have at least five different sheets.

All I ask is that you mention OC Forums by name as a reminder for me to include the free pack of paper. Please pass the word along if you know of anyone thinking about buying a lapping kit - now is the time. :)

David
[email protected]
Best guy in the world!! :) :)

I love Dave! I ordered the articlean bundle + AS Adhesive and AS Ceramique, he couldn't ship the adhesive and ceramique immediately because he was out of stock, but I wasn't in a rush anyway so it didn't matter.

Everyting arrived in perfect condition and very quickly, and he updated me via PM about the status of my order. He even unneedingly (is that a word? lol) gave me freebies for being patient!

In conclusion folks, Dave = God. Buy more stuff from him :p

THANK YOU DAVE!

Don't think I won't bump an older thread :)

I just ordered from EasyPCKits.com and just wanted to say that I was quite pleased with the service and speed. If you are looking to buy some lapping and other HS related stuffs, EasyPCKits.com is the place!

I just ordered a kit for $5, and got more than my money's worth-easy payment, fast shipping, great packaging, great instructions...I don't see how this guy makes any money! :D

Back