• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

choice?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

x15x

Alright, I'm looking to buy a new motherboard for an Intel Pentium 4, and I can't decide between the Asus p4c800 deluxe and Abits Ic7 max3. Which one should I get? Or should I get neather. If you have any other suggestions pleasel let me know. Thanx

I would go with that Asus board, but that's just because I love my Dual P3 Rambus Asus mobo.. :p

Personally I would go for either the ASUS 865 or 875 chipset model (depending on budget, features desired etc.). To be fair I don't really have experience with Abit, but ASUS seems to do very well with Intel chipsets. If you don't plan to OC (if not why are you posting on this forum?) then an Intel m/b would also be an excellent choice, based on one or the other of the chipsets mentioned.

The ASUS has a lot less mem problems for OCing and tends to be more consistant...you could get a great OC from both but more likely from the ASUS...3.2vdimm is easy to get on the ASUS anyway so that takes away a reason to get the ABIT esp considering the high VDIMM option on the ABIT is often faulty.

Back