• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

freezing problems

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dude_drew

i have a abit kt7, and a athlon 950. It keeps on freezing all the time, for no apparant reason at all. I just restuck it together like a week ago, and its not working. Yesterday when i got home, it was on all day at the cpu was 67*C. yes, i spazzed and turned it off right away, but it was froze the whole day. it has been underclocked to 850MHz, (i lowerd the multi to 8.5) and is averagely in the high 40's, lower 50's C. It has a volcano6+ on it, so it should keep it cool, but it doesnt. I also have 2 side fans on the case to keep it cooler, but its not working. any ideas?

First you have to verify the freezes are caused by heat. Reseat your heatsink and dust out the inside of your case. Make sure you are using thermal grease (I recommend as3 or ceramique). Report back with your temps and we can work this problem out. Good luck! Maybe all your system needs is a little mantinence, who knows.

Matt

if its not heat...

I was just fiddling around with my 850 this weekend..and it kept freezing, thought that the CPU was fried because my dad showed me how hot it was one day (200F)

but it ends up that my RAM wasn't pc133 like IThought, only PC100..try that.. :)

Back