Rock Hill, SC

Uninstalling Direct-X 9

Hey guys. I installed directx 9 as part of windows update, and now i've installed postal 2, which won't let me play because i can't turn hardware acceleration on. This is probably due to the fact that my video card won't support it. So how do i uninstall 9? I've tried installing 8.1b on top, looking for an uninstall within program files, and going through Add/Remove programs and Add/Remove Windows Componants.

What the heck?

U.S., Maryland
    Have you tried a system restore if you're using XP (log into safe mode, you may be prompted)

Liverpool, UK
    well, you can download direct x destroyers...I have used one of these once and it pretty much killed my OS (although it was for ME and I used it on XP ) - but thats more of a make sure you read through the site carefully warning.

still, I have used Postal 2 with DX9 fine, when you say you cant turn hardware acceleration on - in the DX9 settings? you cant do it at all?

I would say either DX9 your GFX card drivers are borked, probably look at reinstalling both and trying again.

Toronto, Canada
    One of the warnings given by DX9 when installing is that it cant be uninstalled. So the only fix is supposedly a format and reinstall.

However, you may want to try this:

It just might work for you

i use to play postal2 on my ti4200(det.45)(98xt now) with dx9.0b with no problems.
    In God We Trust
    Vengeance is Mine
    Sayeth The Lord
    No Fear
    -Indian Larry RIP April 28,1949 to August 30,2004