• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Uninstalling Direct-X 9

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

dudomann

Registered
Hey guys. I installed directx 9 as part of windows update, and now i've installed postal 2, which won't let me play because i can't turn hardware acceleration on. This is probably due to the fact that my video card won't support it. So how do i uninstall 9? I've tried installing 8.1b on top, looking for an uninstall within program files, and going through Add/Remove programs and Add/Remove Windows Componants.

What the heck?

~Bobb

well, you can download direct x destroyers...I have used one of these once and it pretty much killed my OS (although it was for ME and I used it on XP :) ) - but thats more of a make sure you read through the site carefully warning.

still, I have used Postal 2 with DX9 fine, when you say you cant turn hardware acceleration on - in the DX9 settings? you cant do it at all?

I would say either DX9 your GFX card drivers are borked, probably look at reinstalling both and trying again.

Back