• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

after fail o/c, system can't boot....??!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

LandShark

Super Shark Moderator
just brought a shuttle xpc system, SN45G. was trying to o/c it, up to my last attempt which fail to post. tried to restart the system, no boot?! did follow shuttle's advance to hold INSERT key before hit start, still no go. clean the CMOS, no good too.

how can I reset it??? :rolleyes: :( :mad:

As a last resort you may try popping the battery out for a couple of minutes to make sure it is good an clear.

Pop the battery out AND unplug it for awhile. If that doesn't work try putting in a different cpu temporarily. I once had an epox board that got screwed up badly and nothing would get it going again. As a last resort I removed an athlon and replaced it with a duron. It fired right up and I was able to reset everything, then put the athlon back in.

I recall that there was an issue with this with many nForce2 m/b's. The nVidia nForce2 reference board had a jumper to force a 'safe mode' boot at 100MHz FSB. However, many manufacturers didn't include this jumper on their nForce2 m/b's. I had thought that the BIOS's had been revised to deal with this issue, but maybe not. You might try booting using a Duron with a default 100MHz FSB, if you have access to one. I've read that some people got around the problem that way.

I tried overclocking my Athlon 850 to see how fast I could get it before I sold it..

and once it got to 120fsb it would crash..and clearing CMOS, and taking out the battary did not help..what did was.

Taking out my ram, turning it on..having it beep at me, turn it off..stick RAM back in..then boot, and it was fine..

it is a hassle indeed..but it worked for me.

well, first of all, tks for all the replies!! :coo:

I've tried everything before, swap CPU/memory, just using CPU/memory/video card, take out the battery, etc. none works! it's going back to newegg this week!

good thing is I called newegg instead of just do the online RMA form, and got full refund w/out 15% restocking fee!

p.s. Foxie3a, I'll try your method of no using memory tonight and see if it works.....

Back