• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I will scare you beyond belief

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey all,
just wanted to say that my Friends 1GHz Duron is running smoothly at 1333MHz! (133x10) with 1.7Volts

Geez, 1.62GHz with a Duron? Man, you gotta be running 2volts to that sucker. good o/c

I do use Photoshop 5.01, but have no fear - the screen shot is for real. I obtained a chip, I overlocked, I conquered, everyone dribbled down their chins!!!

I hope to obtain another soon. BTW - this is at only 1.625v

wild_andy_c (Jul 24, 2001 07:07 a.m.):
I do use Photoshop 5.01, but have no fear - the screen shot is for real. I obtained a chip, I overlocked, I conquered, everyone dribbled down their chins!!!

I hope to obtain another soon. BTW - this is at only 1.625v

1.625v get yourself to a vaporchill I want to see it post past 2.0ghz! do you have more info on your homepage? Don't bother answering cuz I ma going there now.

WOW!!!

I'm pretty new to the whole overclocking thing, but man!! That is good, I am not worthy! I had problems getting my 850 TBird to 1000, but that is good work. Oh and I fried a 1.2 TBird last week.

Allowing profanities to be said when wanted would make this forum's quality deteriorate at a fast pace. When I look at some other forums, almost every other post has F-words, etc in them. Some even mostly consist of them...

Removing a rule has a bad habit of people wanting another rule removed.

Just my 1/2 penny.

Not to be anal, but last time I checked this forum doesn't belong to anyone who posted in this thread...

It's not me's, not andy's, not ferg's....u get the point

I say we all respect the rules of the forum whether you agree with them or not. And if you don't like it, post elsewhere.

I agree that the use of colorful language to emphasize a post may increase the impact of said post. That said "me", please edit the above post to reflect the rules of the house. If you must state your position as above, an appropriately placed asterisk or two would suffice. We really DO want to keep this a relatively clean place to frequent.

Anthony

NOTE: This thread has been heavily edited by the moderator due to content. The discussions regarding the use of profanty starting a few posts above this one arose as a result of that content. The following discussions regarding the rules of the house are also a result of this. We feel that everyone should have the right to disagree with a post, but civility will be enforced. Free and open discussion is encouraged, but language should remain appropriate for even the youngest in our audience.

Anthony

To all those protesting the rules, please cooperate first. Dan, Shadow, and Tim are all out of the forums right now for various reasons. Skip doesn't have time to chase down and edit every post. Please cooperate right now, even if you disagree with the rules. You agreed to them by signing up at this forum, which is a private forum, and thus subject to the whims and wishes of the operators(Skip and Dan). This forum is meant for all ages, and that is why we frown upon such language. And about protecting kids, that is exactly what we should be doing. There have been people under 10 here as I know of several members who surf the forums with their kids. Sure they have heard it, but does that make it ok to still say it? There are other words besides the F word or BS to express emotion. Go look in a dictionary and a Thesaurus, the enlgish lanuage is the most colorful out there, there are plenty of other very acceptable words to substitute. Asmodean had a very good point, by allowing profanity to slip in the first is just going to allow the forum to detoriate into a forum like [H]ardOCP which is something that I know at least the seniors work our tails off to keep from happening. Please respect the rules and everyone edit their post to reflect the rules. At least save Dan some time from editing them. If you have a problem with the rules, give Dan an e-mail or a Private Message. He will give you a response. But protesting the rules in this fashion is not going to get you anywhere.

Ferg (Jul 24, 2001 03:18 p.m.):
All I am saying is that profanity if used properly is good. We need to allow it.

The fact of the matter is that profanity does not get the point across any better the statement "Help I think I've killed my CPU" does not provide anymore information if it was "Help I Think I've ******* killed my CPU". All profanity does is express anger, which is not the point of the forum and some people find it offensive. If you allow profanity do you draw the line at blasphemous profanity which obviously offends the religious among the forum users. What about drawing the line at "yo mama" statements? and.. who decides what is offensive and what is not?
Once you drop the standards and allow one profanity you can not stop another and the forum would be MUCH worse for this.
Anything that can offend another forum user is not good and profanity is such a thing and should never be allowed.
--------------------------
Nice overclock Andy... very very impressed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back