• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Now is a great time to be a PC gamer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gnerma

I don't know about everybody else but I'm totally overwhelmed with all the great games released and soon to be released. A lot of games always get released during the holiday season but this year is different. It seems PC game devs just can't do anything wrong. Here are the games I am talking about.

• Chrome - A solid FPS with great visuals. Not a revolutionary game but solid.
  • The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King - This game has great production values and is pretty darn fun. The best thing about it though is the co-op mode. If you've been around these boards for long I'm sure you've heard at least one of my rants about the lack of co op multiplayer modes in PC games.
  • The Simpsons: Hit & Run - A GTA3 remix with the humor of the Simpson's.
  • Dungeon Siege: Legends of Aranna - Not everybody liked the original game (including me) but many did. This is supposedly more of the same which is a bad thing for me but a good thing for those who liked it.
  • The Hobbit - You've heard of a multi platform release how about an ALL platform release? This game was recently released on 6 platforms simultaneously (GBA, PSX, PS2, GC, XBOX, PC). This game is not for everyone and pretty much requires a dual analog game pad. I have played the demo and enjoyed it. It's like a classic platformer combined with Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time.
  • Armed & Dangerous - I have been waiting for a sequel to Giants Citizen Kabuto for years and this is as close as I'm gonna get. This game has the same large levels, British humor, and (hopefully) darn fun game play as Giants. I can't wait to play it.
  • Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdark - The 2nd NWN expansion pack is being written in house by Bioware. The first expansion was not bad but could have done more to add to the core game. Hordes seems to bring more to the table.
  • Beyond Good & Evil - This is another multi platform release. It combines stealth, vehicle combat and 3rd person action elements. And according to the Xbox and PS2 reviews I've been reading, it succeeds overall although is rather short.
  • Dead to Rights - The console versions have been out for a long while and supposedly its a solid (if not good) game.
  • Star Wars Knights of the old Republic - The general concensus about this game is that it is "Star Wars done right". It runs on an customized version of the Aurora engine (Neverwinter Nights). The PC version has gotten interface updates, new items, a new area, and a load of bug fixes.
  • Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time - A 3rd person action game which may just be the best acrobatic "fly around all over the place like some anti grav ninja" game since Bionic Commando :D The console versions are getting rave reviews. This game should be a fun romp but don't expect months of game play out of it.
  • Contract J.A.C.K. - The prequel to NOLF2. Supposedly this game has more of a focus on action and less on stealth. It'll probably be at least a solid FPS.
  • X2: The Threat - This one is promising if nothing else. It is a space sim which combines combat action, trading elements and an open ended design like Freelancer did earlier this year.
  • Broken Sword: The Sleeping Dragon - An adventure game where you get to move around in full 3d. The first two games were solid. I have great hope for this one.
  • Silent Hill 3 - The silent hill games are survival horror at its best.
  • XIII - A cell shaded FPS based off the UT2K3 engine. I have not played the demo but this one has a lot of buzz behind it. I'm hopeful it'll be worth playing.
Crap thats a lot of games, I think I've made my point :D

Last edited:
I didn't find dead to rights too good when it was out on console, but can't wait to get my hands on Legends of Aranna

Armed and Dangerous is going to be the best one on that list. They had a PC Gamer preview of it and it listed some of the humurous moments. This should prove to be a veeery funny game, with solid shooting elements, and awsome weapons.

Man i agree totally there are alot of seemingly good games being released, I cant wait! I want to try Simpson's Hit and Run along with most of the others on that list.

I had to Dead To Rights on Xbox. That was a fun game.

Sort of like Max Payne but with some seriously bad *** disarming moves!

Originally posted by gingo
Blah, its not that great..
Well its at least as good as some of the other games I listed. I probably should have mentioned it.

Don't take my list as "all the good games that are being released in the last few months of this year." guys. It's just some of them. This just proves how many good games are coming out this season. I could have probably listed 5 - 10 more ;)

Back