• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

BRAND NEW T-BIRD WONT WORK?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GERRY136

just bought new 750 slot-a t-bird and when i install it all i get is a black screen with tiny little star things.
its brand new and i havent done a thing to it.
i know i need a new ps but i only have 1 fan runnin total and thats for my radiator.
the vendor said it would work with my stock gateway mobo cause ive got the amd 751 chipset and not the via.
help

Have you tried resetting the CMOS? The owner's manual should tell you how. If you cannot find it try removing the battery from the motherboard for ten minutes or so. (this is done with the computer unplugged not just turned off)

Good luck :)

on your board taking the jumnpoer off and booting up really does nothing, just move it over 1 notch so that the first pin is bare and the 2 and 3 pin have the jumper on them-boot up and see when it syas all the crap is clear- the power down put the jumper back and boot back up

ok i tried that a few times but still get the yellow light .
no beeps. then i tried the new chip and get the green light on the right and the light on the left does nothing.
the hard drive clicks once but thats it and the only thing on the screen is black with tiny spots lol.
i may have messed up the hd again, idont know but ive tied the things weve talked about again to no avail.
im gonna run down the street and borrow a hard drive just to see what happens. ill post after that. :)

the first time, you boot with your brand new motherboard, processor and ram, is always interesting, you never know what type of error or message could pop up. On my sis's KT7A-R, her computer got a Keyboard error saying there was no keyboard even when it was plugged in. After reseting the bios a "COUPLE" times, the error finally faded and I managed to get into the bios and setup the CPU parameters, and make all the adjustments. Weird thou cause my other KT7A board didnt have that problem at all. But then again, it had WZ bios than WW bios. ohwell. Just shows that clearing the cmos a few times makes a huge difference.

maybe your graphics card is not pushed in all da way, or maybe the graphics card is defective? Useally, if there is no beeps than there is nothing wrong with the motherboard or CPU. THere actually should be 1 beep I recall. Try booting without the video card.

anymore than one beep and something inside is either not plugged in properly or is toast. Hey, hmm.. Did you MAKE sure that both IDE ribbons and floppy ribbon was on the right way. THIS IS A MAJOR problem that most people fail to fix untill last. that could be it, since haveing the ribbon on the wrong way will cause your computer to fail to boot up.

well my graphics card is brand new and i checked all the ribbons too. im thinking maybe the mobo is fried or the psu. but when i try to boot my fan connected to the mobo works and i tried a fan in a psu molex connector and it worked. so what the hell does that mean lolol? :)

take everything out and rebuild the computer like u would from scratch and makesure everything in in even ram and the fans- sounds like something is not connected properly

Back