• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

GOOD NEWS AND BAD NEWS...T-BIRD

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GERRY136

good news:
i opened the case on my new slot-a 750 t-bird and the core is 850mhz !!!
then of course i noticed the die on this chip BLUE!!!
ive heard in some cases that these blue die chips overclock well.

bad news:
while taking off the clips i put a small scratch in the pcb board and i can see where i scratched down to metal. i want to know what i can cover this scratch with to hopefully protect it and basically will the chip still work when i install it?
ill post pics tonight.
thanx all :)

color should not matter. it is only the adhesive.

put some tape over the small exposed metal and see if she will boot.

correct me if i am wrong..... BLUE=Copper GREEN=Aluminum BECAUSE
Fab25 Austin the buffer makes it green and they only do cheep chips the aluminum ones...and Fab30 in germany that buffer does blue and they also only do Copper interconnect there.

ok ill install my camera in this puter and post a pic of my green 700 athlon and blue (i think) 750 T-BIRD so u can check it out and gimme ur opinions on the colors.
be right back.

here they are...

the code on the blue lookin t-bird is this:

A850CPREFA
920SS40067
0029SPDW

I've had both blue core and green core chips with mixed results from them. Although it is generally accepted that the blue cores have more potential, my experience dictates otherwise. I have a blue core 650 T-BIRD that will only go to 850, while a couple of green DURON 600's I have will do 1100 with no problems. My 1G AXIAR-Y 266 does 1.43 and I have a 1.2 AXIA-9 266 will do 1.47.

green DURON 600's @ 1.1G= 83% over default
blue 1G T-BIRD @ 1.43G = 43% over default
blue 650 T-BIRD @ 850 = 30% over default
blue 1.2 G T_BIRD @ 1.47G = 22% over default

These CPU's have been tried on the same motherboards and the results have been consistent regardless of which board.

I understand that others may question this, but it's just my observation.

Back