• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Confused On ATI drivers

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Tw00sh

I am alittle confused as to what has to be installed? Why can't everything be in one big pakage like the NVIDIA drivers.

What do I need to install first? The multi-media center and then the drivers? Does it matter? Can anyone provide me links to each thing I will need to install to get my 9800 working right?

But don't I have to install control panel drivers too or something?

If I uninstall them all and just use the omega drivers, does this cover everything I need?

But I was told there is a way to overclock with the control panel? I do not see anything in the control panel I have that will allow this?

It does say Cat version 3.9 in the options, but how do I know I have the right control panel?

install the omegas

Can I just install them over the cat 3.9's though?

i use radclocker to overclock but i don't remember seeing anything to overclock in the control panel other than that.which drivers are do you have installed?ati's cats or the omegas?if its the omegas did you install 3dprof?i think you can overclock with it

At this point, I do not know what I have and have not done. I am totally confused on what I need and do not need.

I put my original CD in and did install. After that was done I have cat 3.2's

So I went to ATI and downloaded the 3.9 drivers. After that, the control panel has VPU option in it. But, I was reading that the control panel was suppose to have overclocking built in for 3.9's. I do not see this option anywhere.

I just tried to download the 3 parts of the MMC and one part said my CD is not an original ATI CD. The CD came right out of the sealed box, so no idea what is up with that.

At this point I am frustrated because Call of Duty crashes on single player but not on multi player.

I went from a NVIDIA 4600 to this 9800 but the driver install seems to be totally retarded. Not sure why I cannot just get ONE file to do everything instead of trying to locate 3,4,5 different things to get the card to work right.

ok i'm not any kind of guru or anything but this is what i would do.uninstall the ati drivers,reboot in safe mode,run drivercleaner2 from driverheaven.net(clean out all ati and nvidia drivers,reboot,install ati drivers,reboot,install mmc from the CD(i don't use it myself),install the overclocking program of your choice.as far as COD i don't have the game but i've read at several sites that ati cards have problems with that game

Tw00sh said:
But I was told there is a way to overclock with the control panel? I do not see anything in the control panel I have that will allow this?

The would be OverDrive, available only on the XT models. But Rage3D Tweak also puts their overclock utility in the control panel

Anyways, you turned a simple situation into a TOTALY complicated one all in y our head, lol.

These are the steps to installing the drivers...

1) Uninstall old drivers
2) Restart
3) Install new drivers
4) Restart

All you had to do was download the drivers....and install them, nothing else :) Dont worry about MMC right now...take it one step at a time, or you end up confusing yourself ;)

Back