• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Questions about the SIS 735 chipset

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

TriggerHappy

Registered
I was wondering about this chipset...on reviews it seems like a well contending chipset often outperforming even the AMD761...the question is....are there any motherboards currently out that use this chipset besides the reference boards? I looked on SIS's site and all the motherboards that were listed by them do not show up on the manufacturers website...am i searching too early? I would really like to get my hand on one of those... any comments welcome

I don't know if I trust SiS to put out something thats actually good. But boards that use the chipset wont be out for awhile yet. Maybe a month or two. BTW, this topic should have been posted in AMD MotherBoards. Please remember to post in the proper topic next time. Thank You.

blah...sorry...clicked post in the wrong window...heh...
i know sis isnt really a company with good reputation for quality, (personally i had an intergrated pcchips board with a sis chipset that i literally threw out the window) but this seems like a pretty decent chipset and i might give it a try...depending if i dont get too bored with waiting...cuz honestly, there's only so long that a p2 can last you...

actually all the prerelease boards using this chipset are faster and as stable as the AMD 760 and the Via DDR chipset. It looks like SIS is actually back in it, suprisingly.

Back