• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My Firewall is holding me hostage! Rescue me!!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

PixelMover

Hi all

I have Norton PFW2002, version 4.0 and update automatically using LiveUpdate. And I run Win2000Pro. And I'm still on dial-up (not sure if that's significant or not, to me it's just....sad)
However, since the last update my firewall suddenly blocks Outlook Express from acessing my pop-boxes; the server just times out. I'm certain it's the firewall, cause as soon as i shut it down i can acces all my e-mail accounts again. Same goes for sending, I can't send unless i disable the firewall completely.

Already tried removing O.E. from the 'applications' list, then re-booting and re-adding it, letting the firewall auto-configure acces for O.E., but I still can't acces my e-mail...

Norton says it's not their fault, it's a setting I altered in O.E......

meanwhile....anybody came across this problem and has a solution?

Oh, and while trying to post this thread i also noticed that i can't even open the forum pages without fully disabling my firewall....

Any input very much appreciated!

Yada!

theres the possibility that you have your mail for oe going through NAV to filter outgoing viruses..check your pop/smtp settings..specifically your pop address..if it looks funky, that means NAV is rerouting outgoing mail back to your computer where nav checks it and then sends it out..ive seen this cause problems with OE before..

~jeff~

I've checked all of them, but they are exactly as they should be...
Also, that wouldn't explain why I cant open OC-forums without switching the Firewall off, right?

Back