• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

fsb oc!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Gabrielsurf

Disabled
im oveclocking my computer right now im at 176fsb and 6.5 multy
as i go higher with the fsb im oc my mem so if my sys becomes unstable i have to raise the mem core voltage right? since the cpu i way below stock and not ocing it yet.
i only have to raise the v core when i start upping the multy and it becomes unstable right???

am i right??

thanks all !!!

Basically you got it... What are your system specs?

Raising the vcore can help you reach higher FSB's also.

As you hit walls, bumping up the vcore might help you pass them, but make sure your temps are alright and you aren't giving anything too much voltage.

abit nf7-s rev 2.0 2-256mb twni x coarsair pc 3200LL mem
1700tbred b 319. slk-800 u tornado fan with speed control.
9700 pro with Tt giant on it. forton 350w psu w 120mm fan.4 case fans WD 80 gig 8mb. Antec plus view 1000 amg grey case.

im at 176 fsb 6.5 multy 6/6 divider i had to raise the mem core to 2.7v
temps on load running prime 95 with the fan running on the lowest speed is 34c full speed is 31c (talking about the tornado cpu fan)

what do u think??

Nice looking system, it should have much more in it than where you are now. What is your voltage now?

oh no!

iam just testing it will go over 2.4 ghz and at least 210fsb i just started ocing 2 days ago i just running prime to make sure that it is stable at every settings

Back