• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Albatron Ti4200 Turbo @ $95 or ATI 9600pro @ $172????

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
those guys have explained it very well. sniper, you are telling him to go spend $172 on a 9600 pro just for the aa/af and dx9? and yes both cards overclock, but the albatron will clock much, much higher since its alot like a ti4600!!!!!!! nevermind ti4200 vs. 9600 pro its ti4600 vs. 9600 pro!

no, im not TELLING him to buy anything, and its snyper. i was making sure he had all the info, unlike you. i dont just post facts that i pulled out of my ***. and like they said, 2 years from now he WOULD be better of with the 9600. and i have not seen a 9600 that costs 172. i would say more like 150. you see the difference between you and me is this, i dont tell him what to buy, i present him with the facts, and let him decide. in 2 years i would rather be on a 9600 because it has much better pixel shaders, dx9, etc, etc. i understand that a 4200 is faster without aa or af, i never disputed that. what i did say was that although it is faster, it mostly negligible because for the most part you will not be able to tell a difference because both cards are in excess of 100 fps. but the 4200 WILL fall to its knees with aa/af. and the 9600 will keep on trucking :)

If you are already planning to spend $172 on the 9600 pro, I will suggest to spend just a little more on a better video card.

$199 for the XFX FX5900 non ultra. I am pretty sure this card is way much better than the 9600pro.

if he doesnt want the ti4200 then at least he should get a 9700 pro used for $200. also keep in mind he can get the ti4200 now and get a new card later on when prices drop

Overclocker550 said:
if he doesnt want the ti4200 then at least he should get a 9700 pro used for $200. also keep in mind he can get the ti4200 now and get a new card later on when prices drop

Yeah, but that's gonna cost him more, unless he decides to go after another sub-$100 card later.

Dang it and i just got stable

OC on my 9600 pro @ 465/330 Isnt that a bummer. Guess it doesnt overclock well huh? Slap me in my new 2.6C at Xmas. Also my new ASUS board will be here by friday,(all set for a prescott in the feuture, was revised to handle it now) And Ill see how well i whoop up on a 4200. Its not going to be pretty ill tell ya.

Dude atleast at minimum get the 9600pro. BUT if you can, get a 9700np 9700P or a 9800NP. Heck there are still 9500pros out there new. But i do not suggest the 5900 card at all. Until Nvidia comes out with something other than the FX line of cards, I will not buy one yet. Use to love the nvidia G4 cards, but they just cant handle the newest of the new games as well as ANY of the 9500-9800 series ATI cards.

END!

Harry

Overclocker550 said:
let me give you some advice, dont get the 2.6c, get the 2.8c those oc much better

Great way to pull some stuff out of your....

The entire C series P4 overclocks very well. The difference between a 2.6 and a 2.8 is negligable.

In a couple weeks

After i make my credit card payment for my order today, Im gonna be buying me an Xmas persent. Either the 2.6 or 2.8. If there isnt much difference ill get the 2.8 Also have to get my Crucial-Micron PC3200 at the same time. This is gonna be fun all over again. Havent built myself a new rig since last may. Oh got my new Antec Gameing case yesterday. Its huge, and no anoying front light bars like this one now. Was cool then, but cant fold at night cuz it keeps me up LOL!

Harry

Back