• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting a twist on things..."A Virtual Pictorial Journal"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Robrules18 said:
THREAD RESSURETION (cant find the magic card one or the robin one)

This dead or will we have our CAD library yet?

Your wish shall come true :D
necro.jpg

I hope that this library can be accomplished.

I'm still alive and so is this thread!!! I am currently on a 56K connection...should have cable again in the next couple of weeks though. I have been working on the modeling a little here and there. I've been kinda busy seeing as I just moved here to Texas about 4 weeks ago and am still hunting for job. As soon as I have updates I will post them.

The library will be created:D; I just don't have the patience (or the time) to create it on a 56k connection.

-NCB

How to send me designed parts:

Ok, here's how we can do this for all of you who have parts that you would like to contribute:

1. Send me an e-mail **[email protected]** with your name (real name, if you would like to be given credit for your design) and your overclockers.com name (so I can contact you via PM)

2. Put "PC Part Design" in the subject line of the e-mail.

3. Include any information that you think I would need to know to such as the scale used. I will try to make all the parts to the same scale.

4. You can send me Max files or AutoCAD files.

The email address once again: [email protected]

Thanks again for all you who are helping out.

-NCB

Last edited:
Hello all,

Kinda new aournd here, but I have attemted a similar project using Autodesk Inventor.
It would be really good if someone would host a database of user created models. Because we are all using different modeling systems we could make the data base all IGES or SAT models for compatibility.

Any way, here is a good sites with parts already modeled.
www.mymcad.com (down right now, but it will be back up)
If you need any of these things converted for standard ACAD or 3Dsmax, let me know [email protected].

Ill post some pics of the parts I have done whenI get home.

I should learn to read better, you already are starting a database.

Anyway, I have the follwing.
Autodesk Inventor 5.3,6,7,& 8.
Autodesk Mechanical Desktop 4,5,6,2004,2004DX
Autodesk AutoCAD R14,2000,2002,2004

If anyone needs help with modeling, or file conversions done, let me know, i would be happy to help.

I have AutoCAD 2002, 3ds Max 6, Autodesk Inventor 5, and Lightwave 7.0. So if you have any of these type files I can convert them. I would like to make the data base have both AutoCAD files and 3ds Max files. So send me whatever you got!

[email protected]

Off subject, I just got a job at Circuit City!!! :D

-NCB

UPDATE

As promised, here is a little update. I modeled an Intel Pentium 4 Processor. Everything down to the pins is exact. I got the spec's off of Intel's website.

P4-Bottom.jpg

P4-top1.jpg

Also, if you have ANYTHING modeled at all that you would be willing to contribute, PLEASE e-mail the file to [email protected] . I would like to start organizing the files sometime soon and get them ready to go up on my website. You will be given credit for doing the work, so include your name in the e-mail. Thanks.

-NCB

UPDATE

Here is a stick off 184-pin DDR memory I just got done modeling. I am not really working on the texturing too much right now, just trying to get the basic modeling done, then I'll add some more detail later.

DDR%20184pin%20Memory.jpg

Thanks guys. I work on it off and on...whenever I get into the mood. As for modeling other brands of memory...you read my mind. Already working on that as we speak! :D

I will post some more pictures later.

-NCB

Back