• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting a twist on things..."A Virtual Pictorial Journal"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Yea, a library would be awsome...but I CAN'T DO EVERYTHING MYSELF!!!! ;) I know we have some other good 3D artist on here. Even something simple would be a help, like a fan grill, heatsink, ANYTHING!

-NCB

I'll try and get some more stuff for ya but I am working 7 days a week and have 4 ~ 3hr classes at school. 2 may be of use here Advanced Auto CAD and Master CAM but it's also going to boil down to whether or not I have enough energy to do anything. I have had 2 major projects ;) first put a floppy drive in my server (that took a week :eek: ) and the other put in my Ultra 320 card and drive in, I hope today (my day off from school)

UPDATE

Here is the Corsair XMS Memory I am working on. I just did it real quick, haven't played with the textures any yet. I need to lightin' up the black, add the Corsair logo, and the retaining clip. Might get to it tomorrow...I have to work all day :(.

Corsair%20XMS.jpg

-NCB

Also thanks Stedeman, you've been a big help. :D

A 80mm fan I have, cant take credit for the original model, I just modified it to match a generic 80mm I had.

Attachments

• 80mm fan.jpg
    80mm fan.jpg
    20.9 KB · Views: 388
Here is the Chrome Orb I have on my TI4200.
Unfortunatly I disposed of the Socket A clip parts long ago when I modded it to fit my GPU. So its just the heatsink Fan.

Attachments

• chrome orb.jpg
    chrome orb.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 374
Robrules18 said:
if i remeber Baller never got the fan blades riught so if you could explain it maybe we could model more fans here.

Modeling fans isnt easy, and way too much hassle for what we need.
I just use three profiles and loft between them and radius/chamfer the edges. Not a perfect match, but perfectly acceptable for our purposes.
See here

Attachments

• loft.jpg
    loft.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 556
its been a while since ive seen this thread. Those processors look awesome! I wish i had the skills to contribute to this project (but i dont :( ) Anyways, it would be really sweet to see a completed virtual PC!

Back