• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Putting a twist on things..."A Virtual Pictorial Journal"

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
Krieger said:
PiSan314159, These apps tend to be fairly expensive. If you are looking to learn you might want to check out Descrete's website(They are the makers of 3dMax) they have a free modeling program called Gmax. You can try and google for it too. It's basicly a stripped down version of 3dmax. I've used it and it's pretty good. so Check it out Gmax.

Thanks for the Gmax link Krieger. Considering how costly 3DS Max is I couldn't believe they'd release gmax. On it's own gmax is easily worth £300 +. I'm currently ploughing through the tutorials then I'll import my case designs into it.

i have been using autocad for almost 10 years
and i must say that stuff is absolutely amazing
keep up the good work guys :D

i made up some pieces in inventor when i got bored so i guess ill post them

f33r the l337ness :)
9vma

9vmb

9vmc

9vmd

if anyone wants the file just pm me and ill be happy to share
it is an inventor 7 file so yeah.

oh where oh where did ncb go?
i miss the work (it puts mine to shame :()

~Magick_Man~

Nice work magick_man, could you send that to me?

You are welcome to any of my inventor models I have shown in this thread, only problem is mine are in IV8, dont know if you can go back.

NcBaller1985 said:
I dunno…guess I’m going through what every 18yr. old goes through. Trying to answer that notorious question “What do I want to do with my life?”

Dude, I am 33 years old. And if I had it to do over again I would have done things a lot differently. I wanted to be an Architect when I was in school. I never knew why, I just did. I always wondered what I REALLY WANTED to do though and I never figured it out. I was always into art, cars, computers, etc. Art was the biggest. It was my favorite hobby. Art came to me in many forms. Modeling, drawing, some painting, etc. It was never boring. I am now a CNC Machinist so I guess you could say I took the route of the computer interest. But if I had to do it all over again I would be doing graphic design, or better yet, 3D modeling. You need to keep at this 3D stuff. Take some classes for it at school. You could find yourself someday doing 3D rendering for a show called MTV Cribs or something ;)

Excellent work man!

Back