• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Thermal paste

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
dalilman52 said:

HAHA, ur just asking to be slapped right there :D but plz in the future dont correct typos...thats just...pointless

LOL the chinese lie all the time they even cheat a lot, I know I'm 30% chinese :D

But please don't be offended if someone corrects your typos...

But we japanese are 100% honest :D

Shin Akuma said:

But we japanese are 100% honest :D

lol...uve seriously gotta be kidding me...and for future reference, the chinese HATE the japanese, WWII, read up ur history u will see how the japanese raped our land, women, everything....

OK are you done trolling the boards now?

back to the topic...

All I can say is Shin-Etsu is the best thermal grease right now. Made in Japan, that's says a lot :D

The only problem is that it may be hard to obtain in the US...

How big are the difference between the various paste/grease sollutions? 1 dgr.? 10 dgr.? I've heard some say that the pads found on some heatsinks suck. I got some paste with my case(!). It's called:'Plowstar Silicone heat ak-100'. I believe that it is cheap and poor, why else give it away? anyone know it? tests?

but then again, some may argue that beer counts as a vegetable

well, isn't it? if not, i have been severly lied to all my life :(

i wish lettuce could get you drunk. i would pheer it more

Beer is from malt, which is a vegetable, well sort of, it's a grain... So technically beer is a vegetable :D LOL

dalilman52 said:
are u living in japan? btw, AS5 beat shin-etsu in every test i could find...

I'm in Hong Kong now...

Show me a test that compares AS5 with X23-7804E3, you won't find any...

What you saw were G-751 comparisons, gotta admit G-751 pretty much $ucks.

X23-7804E3 is a LOT BETTER, trust me... Now if you could only get your hands on this stuff you wouldn't have to doubt me...

Shin Akuma said:
Beer is from malt, which is a vegetable, well sort of, it's a grain... So technically beer is a vegetable :D LOL

I'm in Hong Kong now...

Show me a test that compares AS5 with X23-7804E3, you won't find any...

What you saw were G-751 comparisons, gotta admit G-751 pretty much $ucks.

X23-7804E3 is a LOT BETTER, trust me... Now if you could only get your hands on this stuff you wouldn't have to doubt me...

G751 is a decent thermal paste, X23-7804E3/ 7762 is the red capped versions and Blue is the G-751, G-751 is a good paste as is Arctic Silver 5

Have you tested them all?

I'd like to see your tests numbers showing G-751 sucks and your comparison #'s that shows how you came to this conclusion

PS After reading this thread I made some inquiries about getting some X23-7804E3/ and 7762 and stacking them against AS-5 and G-751

Not doubting you but I will say, your stating G-751 sucks has me curious and I will see if your exaggerating.

Shin Akuma said:

>>Edit at 2:55 AM 11/26/03

I can get my hands on some, Just ordered some X23, I will have it in a few days And I will put it against Arctic Silver 5, G-751 and Thermagon T-2500 FB

...Took me an hour and thirty minutes to inquire, and pay for some X23 paste in the middle of the night, I thought you said this stuff was hard to procure :rolleyes:

LOL don't judge the thermal grease by its cap :D My 7804E3 comes with a blue cap... blah blah blah this talk is irrelevant :D

Ah so you'll be getting some 7804E3... good for you. Just make sure you get the right grease, these Shin-Etsu stuff come unlabelled! Told ya twas hard to obtain in the US... don't tell me I didn't warn you LOL. You should be thankful procurement was that easy for you, instead of giving me that rolleyes sarcasm... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Well if it was easy don't blame me for christ's sake.. I'm halfway around the world! :rolleyes:

What's your kung-fu Silversam?

Patience is a virtue, in due time you'll see my comprehensive thermal grease comparison featuring about 20 different thermal interface materials. Here's what I can tell you. T-grease 2500 performs about the same as G-751, to spare you the trouble of testing this "abrasive" grease. I'm sure you'll know why it's abrasive soon enough...

I do testing on TBredB, small contact patch. Performance on P4s will be different, you're using intel right? d@mn it's hard to see your sig gotta highlight it first... maybe you should try changing the color :D

I'm interested to see your results also... Maybe you could describe your methodology?

Shin Akuma said:
LOL don't judge the thermal grease by its cap :D My 7804E3 comes with a blue cap... blah blah blah this talk is irrelevant :D

Ah so you'll be getting some 7804E3... good for you. Just make sure you get the right grease, these Shin-Etsu stuff come unlabelled! Told ya twas hard to obtain in the US... don't tell me I didn't warn you LOL. You should be thankful procurement was that easy for you, instead of giving me that rolleyes sarcasm... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Well if it was easy don't blame me for christ's sake.. I'm halfway around the world! :rolleyes:

What's your kung-fu Silversam?

Patience is a virtue, in due time you'll see my comprehensive thermal grease comparison featuring about 20 different thermal interface materials. Here's what I can tell you. T-grease 2500 performs about the same as G-751, to spare you the trouble of testing this "abrasive" grease. I'm sure you'll know why it's abrasive soon enough...

I do testing on TBredB, small contact patch. Performance on P4s will be different, you're using intel right? d@mn it's hard to see your sig gotta highlight it first... maybe you should try changing the color :D

I'm interested to see your results also... Maybe you could describe your methodology?

I ordered both the X23-7804E3 and 7762 versions thanks for your concern.

Regarding the T2500 comparison to G751 I know they perform roughly the same.

DaWiper said:
Omaticrail> Have U tried cleaning between the fins on the sink. The dust collected there during 1-2 years will reduce the sink-performance..

I'm waaaaay late replying to his, and the answer is....sort of. The sink was soaked well in soapy water, and rinsed several times (part of the lapping process), plus I used an air compressor (95 psi) to blow the water out from between the pins. It has cleaned things up pretty well, but there may yet be residual dust in there. I just don't know how to really scrub all those pins, ya know?

UPDATE:

Before this latest remount I thoroughly every stinking pin on the MC462a. I also changed a bunch of other variables specifically to get the thing hot (spead up the pump-out that comes with thermal cycles). I'll re-configure the machine to normal running mode after a couple days and see how the temps are this time.

Back