• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

I got my 1ghz Tbird today

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

GuNRocK

its 266 version AXIA Y 0115week original 7.5x133 i had some probelms with my mobo so i could only get it to work at max 103Mhz fsb x 11.5 multiplier ........ is there a limit that the multiplier can go up on the cpu or is it just the board that maxes out at 12.5x?

BY THE WAY THIS IS MY 100th POST not bad i am avging about 10per day hehe

GuNRocK (Aug 01, 2001 03:56 p.m.):
its 266 version AXIA Y 0115week original 7.5x133 i had some probelms with my mobo so i could only get it to work at max 103Mhz fsb x 11.5 multiplier ........ is there a limit that the multiplier can go up on the cpu or is it just the board that maxes out at 12.5x?

probably the mobo, whats the problem you are having?

GuNRocK (Aug 01, 2001 03:56 p.m.):

Is my multiplying rubbing off on you? 11.5? gotta love those high multiplyers. My mobo gives me the option for 15, .........someday!!

TranceBear, do you think the other Lx bridges could be used to change the default multiplier on those 266 "C" chips?
Seems odd that so many are having problems getting higher-than-default multipliers on them.
Course, I was lucky, I think, as you pointed out that I got a "B" instead!!

Just a thought.

dad (Aug 02, 2001 08:23 a.m.):
TranceBear, do you think the other Lx bridges could be used to change the default multiplier on those 266 "C" chips?
Seems odd that so many are having problems getting higher-than-default multipliers on them.
Course, I was lucky, I think, as you pointed out that I got a "B" instead!!

Just a thought.

I have not done alot of research on that cause I was lucky to get a great chip. I know there is a way. Try Tom's hardware and AthlonOC.com

Back