• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

incompatible mobo?!

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

SoButteR

Registered
i can't change my fsb in my bios. and i read somewhere about this program called cpufsb and it could change it if your PLL(or something?) was compatible, i checked it and it wasn't compatible.. i have an ICS 9179BF-01. anyone know how to get around it?
:cool:

The "ICS 9179BF-01" is a clock driver not a motherboard type. If you could tell us the name of the motherboard it would be more helpful ex) Abit KA7 and a Athlon (slot type) ;)

sorry, i meant the ics was the PLL type. im really new to the hardware stuff, but all i can say is that it's an intel. i don't know the model type. i don't knoww here to find it, and i bought this computer already built.
:)

Do you have a way to take a digital pic of it? also what CPU P4 / P3 / slot / socket ect. (it should show up in your properties).

man, i realy wish i had a digital cam.. all i know is that it's a p3. where is the properties that you're talking about?

under general computer it says.
x86 Family 6 Model 8 Stepping
AT/AT Compatible
and my ram.

Well, you could try a different program, like SoftFSB. If the programs Don't support your PLL-IC, then you're going to have to try another way to OC. There is always the hardware mod route, but this is quite likely to kill someting, especially if you don't have much experience in the soldering on your motherboard department. THe forst step would be to grab the datasheet for your PLL-IC from the manufacturer.

Back