• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Case/Motherboard Questions

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Cubed

Hey, I Just got my Abit NF7-s today and I installed it into the computer. But I dont know where the USB and the Power On/Off Switch Cables go to the motherboard for my Abit NF7-s? Does anyone know where they go? There's also a thing on the bottom of my case that is magnetic, I think its the sound activated Light thing? Does anyone know what im talking about, because I have no clue where this stuff goes.. Someone please help me.

And there's also a piece that came with the mobo that is black, it says Serriel on it, or however you spell it, I think its for the Hard-Drive, I'm not sure but can someone please help me with this? Im begging you. :(

Let me make this more clear, the Power Headers and the USB Headers. I Don't know where they go on the motherboard. :\

You should check the manual your mobo came with. If you didn't get one, I bet you can find it on Abit website.

Alright, I put my motherboard in, I installed the Extra USB Ports, I put the Power LED, the HDD Led, the Power SW, and the Restart SW into the Port. I plugged the computer into the outlet, the motherboard turned on, but none of the fans moved, Do I have to hook the fans into the motherboard some how or what?

No, the fans are going to be hooked directly to the molex connectors of your PSU.

3-pin fans can hook into the motherboard. 4-pin fans or 3-pin fans with an adapter go directly to the PSU's connectors. You probably want to use an adapter on high-speed 3-pin fans, to avoid pulling too much current through the motherboard traces. If the fans are plugged into the PSU and don't turn on, then the PSU is not providing any power outside of it's standby rails. If lights on the motherboard go on or something, it could just be from the +5VSB line, which provides an amp or two of power whenever the PSU is plugged in. Is the motherboard POSTing?

Yes, Thanks for the info, but I discovered my brilliant error. Not putting the PSU moldex into the Daisy-Chain PSU connector, can cause problems. Like making the fans not come on. :p Thanks anyways.

Question 2: I have two wires coming from the extra usb thing that came with my Abit. I dont know what they are or were they go. The connectors look like the USB pin connector, but theres 2 of them, and I done think they connect into that. Does anyone know what I'm talking about who has an Abit NF7-s?

Well I am looking at the 2 USB ports that go into a empty PCI slot on my NF7-S...Just a blue connector that goes to the motherboard...On some cases the wires that connect to the motherboard have extra ground wires or wire...It usually goes 5+V, -Data, +Data, then the ground...I am looking at my Antec 1080 front USB connectors and there is a extra ground wire...Are you talking about the wires that come from the front of the case and connect to the motherboard??? I am kind of confused as to exactly what you are talking about...The 1394 connector that goes in a empty PCI slot also have no extra wires...It like the USB are plugs and not loose individual wires...What kind of case??? Or are you talking about the wires in the case???

Yea, The Blue USB Connector connects into the USB Pin, but there's two other Red Connectors from the Extra USB Connection Output. And I don't know where those two Red Connectors go. They connectors look exactly like USB Connector that attach to the USB Pin. I don't know where they go.. Maybe they connect to something. Anyone know.

Back