• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

monitor flicker

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Slogan

hey sup all, i got a question with my monitor, its a 19inch mag, (the ones from bestbuy a while ago)

both of them of been flickering lately, sort of like some electronic wave is interfering with it, but its random.. sometime sit will do it sometimes it wont, i degauss, and sometimes it goes away sometimes it doesnt...

i have no idea whats causing this cuz its so random, any advice would be VERY appreciated as this will save me two monitors :\

(if i need a new monitor just tell it to me straight :} )

what does the flicker look like? color distortions? same part of the monitor every time? my old monitor used to flicker blue for like 1/4th a second every now and then in certain games

nah its not colors, its like a magnetism type look, like the picture gets all wavy on the edges, and sometimes across the middle, it appears to be magnetism, but its on BOTH monitors across the house and nothing magnetic is near it :\

hmm, must be solar flares.

no, actually i have no clue :D

but from a total guess id say something may be wrong with your monitor since theres nothing magnetic around to distort the screen like that.

Do you have speakers near your screen? A fan? Those are both things that can affect the screen...

You can buy little magnets that are used to fix televisions that get messed up by magnets and these work pretty well for monitors too. If all else fails try out one of these, any damage that might be done accidentally can usually be reversed.

yea they are speakers near the monitor, thats what i though it was at first but even when i took them away it still did it :\ i dunno, thnx for the help though :\

Back