• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Bridging, no ip address

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Kinerry

From a wireless connection to a ethernet connection

The wireless is the internet connection, and it keeps defaulting to the ethernet when looking for a connection and won't use teh wireless to connect

Any guesses on how to fix this?

Sorry you might want to word your problem a bit better,

I read it as this

PC 1 is connected to the internet vai a wireless connection and it keeps defaulting back to a Cable connection?

he is trying to bridge the WiFi and ethernet together, but he wants it to only enable the ethernet protion when he connects some cat 5 cable. I have this same problem. Instead of using the WiFi when the cat 5 is disconnecyed, the laptp keeps trying to connect over Lan. Its really anoying, I just unbridge it and disable the ethernet until I need it

I don't get the problem. "Trying to connect over the lan"?

Shouldn't the thing just work? Thats how it is on real operating systems. Maybe you should use on of those for your bridge.

If you don't want one used for a net connection... it shouldn't try to if there is no gateway defined.

Back