• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

My 1st Case Mod

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

bafbrian

I used my Dremel for my first case mod. It isn't exactly straight. I still don't what I am gonna use to cut those grills out with. Is there an attachment for the Dremel for that ?

Right where the AMD sticker is, there is a huge scratch. I am using that to cover it up.

Anyways. here it is:

Here is the first pic.
bafcasemod1.jpg

This is the second pic.
bafcasemod2.jpg

I am still trying to decide what to use as a grill and I think I am gonna use some AC filter over the grills.

You can just use the cutoff wheels to cut the metal. Some are better than others, ie the diamond edged ones. I think thats what there called...heh

Are you gonna put a window? Or is that just for better airflow for your fans?

Fold and Frag on
Brian

That's in the front. IE: it is just for airflow. I am tired of the air turbulence caused by the grill. I was thinking about cutting the stock window out and putting is my own custom one.

How much do those diamond edged attachments go for ? Where are they sold ? I still haven't seen one anywhere.

Not sure how much they cost...have only heard about em. The only ones I saw from google were like 12 bux for one, and they come w/there own little bit (the metal thing you put in the..er..I guess you could call it a chuck?).

I heard they last a real long time tho....just there may be a different thing than I'm thinking of..might be that hte ones I saw were like a cheap whole diamond cutoff wheel...and not just w/it on the edges? Dunno.

Fold and Frag on
Brian

Back