• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

odd abit nf7-s rev2 dual channel issue

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

deathstar13

FSB FRIEK
i almost rma'd my ram thinking it was bunk.
but turns out my mobo wont run over 180fsb dual channel.
these are teh ones supposedly 200fsb supported also,

i almost didnt find out until i needed to find out wich stick of ram was needing rma'd,so i memtested each singly.and both passed!
wouldnt even pass at defualt ram settings of 185 2.6v 2.0-2-2-6 in dual channel.

so after seeing the memory is fine i stuck them in slots 1+2 for single channel testings.the damn things do 210 2.9v 2.0-2-2-6!

so i have a bum dual channel mobo wich i cant rma or exchange at newegg as its the only pc i have.im not going without a rig for 2 weeks.

anyhow anyone had issues like this with newer "so called" 200fsb mobos?

I assume you got hyperx 3000 with BH5 chips? those winbond chips love ras-to-cas delay of 3. In bios, I set my CH5 buffalo to 5-3-2 cas 2, and I run 200fsb problem free, at 11-3-2 cas 2, I can run as high as 223 fsb ... all with 2.6Vdimm .. yours are suppose to run even higher since they have BH5 ...

also, I put mine in slot 2 and 3 .. never tried 1 and 3 combination though .. doubt that'd be any problem tho ...

mine dont use bh5 chips its kingston chips on them.
now if they are remarked bh5 i dont know.

i tried many combinations on the ram and even 2.5-3-3-7 wouldnt boot at 220fsb.

read this thread as not all khx pc3000 has bh5 is like 4 flavors of chips on these found so far.

and in dual channel ive tested every timings possable.nothing works man.

I had OCZ PC3500 DDR-EL one time .. I bought 2 of those (not dual-channel pack) from zipzoomfly.com ... and tried to run them at dual channel mode on my soltek 75frn2-l .. the darn combo ran only as high as 195 :( ... seems like my soltek didn't like the RAM .. did the same thing you did (tried all loose timings, increase Vdimm upto 2.9V), while they certainly rated for 217fsb, they wouldn't work in dual ch. mode :( .. so I sold the pair and bought me el-cheapo 2xbuffalo PC3200 CH-5 .. they work ..

seems like nforce2 chipset love the winbond module more than whatever module the OCZ had ..

maybe it's the same case with your hyperX ??

Back