• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

RBX tested had the installed incorrectly

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

sbud

RBX tested had the nozzle installed incorrectly

Wow, can't believe Danger Den shipped out a block for review to Joe with the nozzle 90 degrees off. I'd hate to be the person responsible over at Danger Den once all is aware :). Can I get a D'ohh !!

Last edited:
i was so close to making my decision to go for the whitewater cause the RBX didn't seem all that wonderful. now more waiting...
wouldn't you think they'd check.... and double check blocks that where going to be tested?

wouldn't you think they'd check.... and double check blocks that where going to be tested?
I think their point is that most users aren't going to check and double check either. :) The philosophy for testing is to take the product right out of the box and put it in the system. That's what most users are going to do anyway, and it also provides a less biased review. If DangerDen is shipping out a lot of blocks with the nozzles on wrong, then it is an accurate representation.

johan851 said:

If DangerDen is shipping out a lot of blocks with the nozzles on wrong, then it is an accurate representation.

If one block in one hundred goes out the door incorrectly installed, but one review in five (to date) has the nozzle incorrectly installed, then is that an accurate representation?

If every block shipping had the nozzle incorrectly installed, then it'd be an accurate representation.

It's only an indication that the odd block or two is slipping through quality control inspection. It would be overly harsh to hold the shipped block up as an example of all blocks that go out the door. Everyone makes mistakes occasionally. This is just a bit of a public wake-up call for DD to be a little more careful.

Not good for publicity, but hardly an unfixable issue for either DD or the customer.

Thats holarious:p

Lets just hope that doesnt happen to customers.

Jon

It would be overly harsh to hold the shipped block up as an example of all blocks that go out the door.
Of course it would be. I was just pointing out the fact that if a block sent for a review had a bad nozzle, then that means there have to be a couple bad nozzles out there as well. Just defending the "take it out of the box and put it in the system" theory.

aaaaa seems like another delay lolz. When will we ever find out hahaha. It seems like Danger Dan made a mistake... Not a major one but a mistake indeed. However, I think a mistake here and there is acceptable.

Back