• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Something doesn't seem quite right here...

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Goateh

Well, it doesn't to me anyway. I have a Zalman 7000-ALCU ( thats the aluminium and copper version, because i couldn't find a CU anywhere I looked. But anyway, back to my dilema, the temps don't seem quite right .. i know the IC7 doesn't report them correctly, but even overclocked my 2.53 > 2.88 it idles at ~40c.

It also gets to ~52c when on load, I had it at 3.04ghz... and goddamn.. thats like 62c under load :/

The voltage core is 1.575 and im using as3 on the hs&f with an intake and out take fan ... any thoughts, ideas or help :D?

I believe this is another case of bad temp readings... I still do not understand why some manufacturers can't get their temp readings right. It would make life so much easier...

In worst case one could actually sue manufacturers for not delivering the correct readings, if i.e. you fry your chip by accident... Although unlikely for us O/C nuts, I could easily imagine this happening.

Not long ago I had a friend who accidently turned the fan on his palomino the wrong way on his HSF... His mobo diodes read nice 69 degrees on full load (crappy cheap HSF btw) but eventually, as summer approcahed, his machine started crashing frequently..

So after a series of tests, I chucked his CPU into my board, with the same HSF, even cleaned up the CPU and Heatsink and by golly gosh, it hit 81 c's, ran for a while, and cha-bang.. crashed the puter.

A simble "thumbs-on" test then revealed the reverse fan direction.. but had his board read temps closer to reality, I would've reacted differently..

Cheers, Flix

The temps I posted already have ~5c taken off them because it was an abit board... and i think mines ~5c off..

still.. it kinda worries me :/

On my Max3, I corrected temps 7C in MBM - as direct die measurements have seen that the IC7's usually follow close to 7C too hot.

Alright fair enough, but even by correcting temps of 7c.. don't they seem a little.. warm ?

Back