• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Need help with my NF7-s 2.0

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Biznatch

I overclocked my vid card a little too much and got artifacts that wouldn't go away, so I went back to stock speeds and restarted the computer. When i did, I decided to change the CPU from 220x11 at 1.9v to 225x11 at 2v to see if it would work. The computer saved the settings then locked up right before windows loaded. I resetted the comp and nothing. The monitor will just sit there saying it's getting no signal. I have done everything to reset the cmos and the speaker won't even beep when the comp starts. Can anyone help? I switched the vid card and got the same thing.

and yes i have take off everything but the basics and nothing changes. I want my comp back :(

Have you tried powering down, hold down the insert key while powering up until you see the video signal resume?

If that fails, turn off or unplug the PSU. After the LED on the motherboard goes out, move the clear cmos jumper to the other position for 10-20 seconds, then move it back. Turn the PSU back on or plug it in and restart.

Dial-a-prayer is a last resort.

Hoot

Yup tried holding down insert, nothing. And I already said I have tried every method of clearing cmos.....Sounds like the bios is gone or something :(

Hello Biznatch. I know you said that you've tried every method of clearing the CMOS but I had a similar problem and I thought I'd cleared it too. I'll tell you what I did with my NF7 and maybe it will help you.

I had to turn the system off,
move the clear CMOS jumper to the other position (2-3 closed)
power on with the jumper in that position
(at this point, I only got a blank screen just like before)
Power off again and move the jumper back to normal (1-2 closed, 3 open,)
and power back on.
Now the CMOS was cleared and it POSTed just fine.

I had been experimenting with FSB and multiplier settings and hadn't upped the Vcore yet when it locked up on boot and wouldn't POST. I thought I had overdone it and fried something but finally, after clearing the cmos it started working again. I hope that helps.

(By the way... this is my first post. Nice to meet you all.)

Welcome to the forums. I'm at work now, but I will definately try that when I get home. I really don't want to have to wait a couple weeks to use my comp if I have to RMA it :(

nah, you just pushed it a bit too far, dont' worry it happens to everyone who has overclocked. i thought for sure i friend my comp once since it wouldn't turn on, i left it unplugged overnight and in the morning turned it on and everything worked. computers are weird.

good luck.

Well I am a dumb ***, I switched the jumper on the cmos to what i thought was clear, and it booted. So I somehow got it backwards......Well it works now so I'm happy :)

cool! Gald it works! :) I thought I fried my comp a few weeks ago too. Had to hold the power button while I manually switched off the PSU. The CMOS clear jumper was enabled while doing that, of course.

Biznatch said:
Well I am a dumb ***, I switched the jumper on the cmos to what i thought was clear, and it booted. So I somehow got it backwards......Well it works now so I'm happy :)
:beer: Cheers!

I think we all been there and done that. Some of us have the t-shirt too!

Back