• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

prime95 or computer

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

Trent

I just put together my system with new ram and the nf7s, however when running prime95 to test stability it errors after the first test. I cant figure it out, never get reboots at 200x11, temp is 44c at load, ram has no errors in memtest, but what gets me is prime wont complete first test no matter what the fsb, ram timings, volts, tried ram up to 2.9 at all fsbs tried, and vcore up to 1.8 at all speeds, same with the other voltages too. I am completely perplexed because it will run games and loop 3dmark all night without error at 200x11 at 1.65 vcore and 2.7v on ram. and yes i formatted after changing boards, so Im about to just say the problem is with prime and not my system but wanted to get input from others

The problem is *not* with Prime95. Your system is not 100% stable. This may or may not ever cause issues in your day-to-day use of the system, but you're pushing something too hard.

yeah but see if that was the case something in the computer doesnt like being powered on, because it does the same thing at 100 on the fsb, Ive checked everything that I can figure, oh well I dont have any problems with it and nothing is out of the ordinary at all so I guess Im just gonna chalk this one up to I dont care what prime95 does.

Did you try backing down the overclock and raising the Vcore a touch? I doubt its a problem with prime and more a problem of stability to be honest, out of interest what was the error prime game you?

-Chris

it was giving a rounding error, funny enough I ended up deleting prime (again) and then reinstalling and it ran fine no errors for 12 hours, I stopped it when I woke up this morning.

Back