• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Flat Screw Driver vs TI4400 Oh %^%$

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.
ITS ALIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I gave it to an electronics buddy of mine about 6 months ago.

Well I got a call from him this weekend and he asked me if I rememberd that old video card I gave him to look at. He told me he got bored and started to tinker with it.

To make a long story short, he told me that I did scrape several traces but I did not actully go deep enough to cut any of them. What I did do was knock a resistor off of the board, it was a really really tiny peice. The saving grace was I managed to wedge it under another piece on the card. He used tweasers to get it out find out where it came from and soldered it back on. He tried it in his Nforce 2 board and worked like a charm. I picked it up and put it back into my machine today. It is running wonderfully now. It wont be a big step up from my Ti4200 but it is sure nice to have it back. The Ti4200 got dumped into my web/movie server and hooked to my TV. Which makes it a bit nicer to stream movies with than clogging up my main rig.

Aphex_Tom_9 said:
this is why you use pliers or even tweezers to pinch those HSF pins on the backs of components...

I just cut them off and not worry about sending them through.

You would have to be pretty bumbly to mess up your card while using needle-nose pliers to push those pins out.

Well Cap'n that is great news!
I'm glad too hear the old v card is alive again!
Boy, I'd completely forgotten about you and that v card.
A lot has happened to me in the last 8 months and I haven't even been on here much in a long while. (Left my wife when I found out she was gay. And the dating scene stinks after so many years being out of it.) But I'm in better shape now too!

Glad your v card is back in business!

Cheers,
Mike

The reason I like this card is it is tweaked at 300/650 on stock cooling runs 14,000+ on 3dmark 2001 and the fact that it does this even with how old it is, is just amazing to me. I had the option of a DX9 Geforce FX5600 with 256mb of ram and chose to use this card and gave the other card to the old lady for her machine.

do what i do to old computer hardware, TORCH IT!!!! Me and some friends allways torch stuff since the local grocery has cheap rubbing alcohol bottles. 3/$1 !!! we got 30 and torched a old mac laptop that didnt work, wow was that fun! Gl and burn!!!

SK8 said:
do what i do to old computer hardware, TORCH IT!!!! Me and some friends allways torch stuff since the local grocery has cheap rubbing alcohol bottles. 3/$1 !!! we got 30 and torched a old mac laptop that didnt work, wow was that fun! Gl and burn!!!

SK8 my friend, you need some serious help!

LOL :D ;)

Na I find uses for almost all my old computer stuff. Right down to P200mmx machines. Use them for MP3 machiens. I still get requests every now and then for old 4mb PCI video cards for web browsing machins and such. It is a bit of a waste having that Ti4200 running in a web/ftp server, but I hooked the S-Video out to the TV and then ran the Sound Card output to the AUX in on the TV so that I can watch all my Movies and TV shows on the TV and be able to control the volume from the bed. It acully (sp) works pretty well.

I wonder how far this card can be pushed, especially with better cooling?

Back