• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

Getting out scratches in paint?

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

JML

My bro's computer is broke and my family has been using my computer as of late :mad:

Unfortunatly they've decided that the top of my case is a good place to put stuff, and it now has a lot of minor scratches on top. The case is a high gloss black, so they are pretty easy to see :(

Is there a polish or something that will hide these scratches?

ya there is its called tecoat at least thats what i think its called, a rubbing compound, you just rub it in with a terry cloth, and if its a minor scratch it does a pretty good job of getting rid of it.

Depending on the depth of the scratch rubbing/polishing compound may work.
A easy alternative is colored automotive wax, available at the usual auto parts outlets.

Yea...that colored wax should work great. The stuff I have seen at my locl automotive store comes with this little lipstick thingy that you use to fill in larger scratches and then you wax over the whole the thing. Brings out a nice shine too!!!

I think we had that in the list of "You know your an overclocker when" You have put more car parts in your computer than in your car.

Back