• Welcome to Overclockers Forums! Join us to reply in threads, receive reduced ads, and to customize your site experience!

green monitor tint

Overclockers is supported by our readers. When you click a link to make a purchase, we may earn a commission. Learn More.

necromanx13x

I just got home from school a few minutes ago and after turning my monitor on, I was supprised to find a nice green tint over the whole screen. I had been on the computer just a few hours earlier and it was fine. The computer was on while I was gone also. Its a Viewsonic A90f. I tried restarting my computer and unplugging the monitor but neither worked. Also, even the startup screens during POST also had the heavy green tint on the white type. What the hell happened while I was gone and how can I fix this?

Ok well I hooked up an old dell monitor to my system and it has no green tint so its definitely the monitor and not the video card, thank god since I just got this card back from an RMA. One other thing i forgot to mention. My monitor is right next to my window which i leftly partly open today and it was raining today, however, nothing was wet inside so I dont think any rain actually got in. Any suggestions on what to do from here?

And it gets even weirder... I brought my monitor downstiars to try it out on my brothers computer and it worked totally fine. I then brought it back upstairs plugged it into my computer and it still has the greenish tint. What the hell is going on now?

tried degausing and yeah i have speakers near the monitor but they have been there for over a year

Well supchaka, i tired your advice and sure enough it works. Is there any way i can permenantly fix this problem because its a big pain having to bend the monitor cable in a different direction to get it to work.

Last edited:
necromanx13x said:
Well supchaka, i tired your advice and sure enough it works. Is there any way i can permenantly fix this problem because its a big pain having to bend the monitor cable in a different direction to get it to work.
I take it your monitor has an integrated cable? If so, that sucks. You can get a DB15 video cable, cut the female end off, and then try cracking the monitor open and soldering it in yourself, but that takes a little bit of skill. I did it once before though, so it's nothing insurmountable.

Back